Question on my remaining clutch life | FerrariChat

Question on my remaining clutch life

Discussion in '360/430' started by Husker, Mar 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    While servicing my 360, the clutch reading came back at 35% worn. I asked them if it needed replacing and they said no, it's fine for a long time yet. I assume that means I have something well south of 65% left. Of course I don't drive my car but 1000 miles a year, but does anyone know what the typical wear rate is on a 360 clutch on a per 10,000-ish mile basis? I am sure it all depends on how hard to drive it, etc., but just curious as to thoughts on ths.

2. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Why would you assume you have “well south of 65%” left? If they use the right tool to read it, they are reading actual wear. 65% could easily last 10k with good driving habits. I have seen numerous clutches in F1 form last 25k miles. Of course, we have seen 5k mile clutches as well with bad driving habits. It takes 10 minutes to check the clutch, just keep getting reading each year and start thinking about replacement when you hear 75% worn

3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Yes that helps me. I knew you didn’t wait till literally 100% worn, I didn’t know at what point you start thinking about it. It’s not the end of the world to replace it anyway - I was just curious.

4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    You can't drive an F1 past 75 percent worn. It slips.