Will fitting a Novitec exhaust to the Portofino M void the 7 year warranty? | FerrariChat

Will fitting a Novitec exhaust to the Portofino M void the 7 year warranty?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by alcav0091, Mar 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alcav0091

alcav0091 Rookie

Mar 14, 2022
    Currently waiting on a Portofino M. I was just curious if fitting a custom exhaust would void warranty? Losing 7 years of warranty would be a huge burden. The exhaust from Novitec sounds phenomenal :)

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Not in the USA,thanks to federal law. My dealer installed Tubi mufflers and a Kline x-pipe for me. And I think that what you get is 3 years of warranty and 7 years of scheduled service.

3. alcav0091

alcav0091 Rookie

Mar 14, 2022
    I'm in Australia, and yes that's what I meant, 7 years servicing

4. Phuntoosh

Phuntoosh Rookie

Apr 24, 2020
    Sorry to disappoint everyone.

Unfortunately due to the new exhaust system, the Portofino M does not have a Novitec option yet available. (Mainly because of the OPF filter).

I assume you are referring to the videos seen on the original Portofino?

However to get an idea of what it may sound like, please see the Novitec videos on the Roma exhaust upgrade as that car shares the same new exhaust system as the Portofino M.

5. alcav0091

alcav0091 Rookie

Mar 14, 2022
    I have checked the website and it says coming soon, so maybe later? Hopefully

6. Phuntoosh

Phuntoosh Rookie

Apr 24, 2020
    Hopefully! The stock Portofino M and Roma sound virtually identical seeing that they share the same exhaust system. So I am assuming the Novitec upgrade will be the same as per the Roma.

7. Zince

Zince Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2021
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I have a Porto M on order in the U.K. and would also be interested in the Novitec upgrade . I asked this same question of the warranty and my Ferrari dealer said it wouldn’t change any warranty entitlement and these are often fitted by the main dealers anyway .
    I look forward to hopefully one being available soon !

8. alcav0091

alcav0091 Rookie

Mar 14, 2022
    That's great to hear! Was lucky enough to get the order in only a few days before the order book closed

9. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    I’m not an expert on the topic but with the PortoM I believe from factory they’re running the “straight pipe” styler muffler due to addition of the OPF filter, where the previous Portofino had proper muffler back boxes. Therefore any upgrade to a PortoM would be limited to the catalytic converters or mid-pipe change.

10. Phuntoosh

Phuntoosh Rookie

Apr 24, 2020
    Hello. Yes. I believe you are correct. That’s the same setup as the Portofino M.

I had sports cats put into my original Portofino - I think that’s the best sound I can get from that machine. They recommended keeping the stock mufflers as changing them would make a minimal difference in the grand scheme of things.

I know it’s subjective, but the Novitec Roma video did not impress me. The sound just did not seem pleasing to the ear. See what you think.

honda corse likes this.
  11. alcav0091

alcav0091 Rookie

Mar 14, 2022
    The Roma has the same filter system as the other guy mentioned and looking at the novitec video it still sounds like a big difference

Will be interesting to see how novitec handles it for the porto m

12. alcav0091

alcav0091 Rookie

Mar 14, 2022
    To be honest, it's sad that Ferrari did lose its biggest icon (the "screaming" na v8s) and the new ones sound disappointing in the video at first, but.. the noise did kind of grow on me... I think the engine note is beautiful, but the sound level needs fixing

Also after going for a test drive I think videos don't really do justice to exhaust sounds, the test model sounded 10 times more thrilling than I expected when I was only watching YouTube reviews