f430 cam settings required | FerrariChat

f430 cam settings required

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by bjorn325, Mar 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjorn325

bjorn325 Rookie

Mar 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Bjorn Holmberg
    Hi. I just found this fantastic forum.
    Im building an enginge for a friend.
    It was a Maserati M139 engine from the beginning. It ended up on the bottom of a lake somewhare with its throttle wide open.
    One of the rods looked like an S.

My friend attempts to put the engine in a F40 replica, he got me a F430 cank and cams wich fits right on spot.
    I had to order and make custom shorter rods to handle the bigger displacement with the F430 crank.
    (yes Im reusing the Maserati's Mahle pistons)
    He will use an aftermarket ecu so all I really wonder is how I shoud set the cams on this beast.

I have searched for timing adjustment, cam adjustment, tdc, angle, settings and much more. At some point I recall someone refered to some user manual...
    ...at its best.

For Maserati I got all timing data/settings I could ask for but thats of no help. I find absolutely none for the F430 cams I have.
    As building many varios dragrace engines in the past I could just set both cams to have 1mm open @tdc but I figure it would be easiest to just ask here?
    The engine will be put in a engine dyno before we put it in the car so I guess I will figure it out anyhow but a factory setting would be good to have as a start.
    We will use two small turbos and aim at around 1000hp...

stasha likes this.
  2. bjorn325

bjorn325 Rookie

Mar 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Bjorn Holmberg
    I read that some people refer to putting a screwdriver in the spark plug hole to check for tdc...
    Gah. Im familliar with the indicator clock and knows all that bit.

3. stasha

stasha Karting

Sep 10, 2021
    Full Name:
    steve steve
    Wow. I have no expertise to add, but kudos to you and the project! Way to go!