HGTC Suspension Error Icon | Page 2 | FerrariChat

HGTC Suspension Error Icon

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Joel Delman, Mar 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    You can check my thread:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/mods-on-my-575.456643/

My 2003 is a faux HGTC (see thread for specific parts). The car is much tighter, especially in sport mode. Previously, sport mode didn’t feel like it did much, now there is certainly a tightening up and bit less roll. Is it worth the cost, time and effort— who knows but it’s fun and reversible.

F456M likes this.
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Joel- Changing the shocks will not do anything unless one of them is bad.

3. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Correct, as I also need to change the ECU to the original so it wont be looking for the steering sensor, yes?

4. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Thanks, are you getting a suspension error lamp since you changed the shocks, or did you also swap the ECU?

5. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I have no error light. I changed shock ECU but to the latest that does not need the steering position sensor.

Joel Delman likes this.
  6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Shock ECUs:

Attached Files:

Joel Delman likes this.
  7. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Thanks, thats good information... Curious, did you have the earlier ECU installed with the new shocks before switching to the latest, and did you have the error light then?

8. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Wow, that's a fantastic document, thank you. Will be very helpful for my mechanic.

9. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I never had a light. Yes I ran the shocks with my original ECU no issue. I updated to the latest ecu (number in my mods thread) that was listed on Terry’s sheet that did not throw a warning.

10. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    So, a long (long) overdue update on this issue, which could perhaps help others who've experienced similar issues with their suspension.

My fantastic mechanic, Damian Forbes here in Los Angeles, is a diagnostic genius. Turns out we didn't need a new ECU, the shocks are working fantastic etc... It was just the "Sport" switch causing the problem. Somehow the switch was not sending the correct signal to the ECU to tell it that standard / non sport mode was engaged.

One new switch later (which I have to send to StickyRX to work their magic, so its a perfect match to its neighbors) and my suspension error lamp is gone.

Appreciate all the assistance here, fortunately turned out to be a very simple (and inexpensive) fix.

Best,

Joel

71veedub likes this.