Shipping non running car St Paul to San Diego | FerrariChat

Shipping non running car St Paul to San Diego

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by bighitter2, Jan 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    I need a non running car (and a wood crate of parts ) that is 3/4 the way thru a full restoration transported from St Paul Mn area to San Diego Ca area can anyone make suggestions thanks Chuck Coli

2. WmacMI

WmacMI Rookie

Jul 7, 2021
    Jackson MI
    Full Name:
    T. Wayne MacGregor
    Have you looked at uship? That can get you in contact with a carrier, rather than a broker.

3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    We gotta know... What did you get?!

4. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    ive used uship before. those are the guys from shipping wars tv show.

I just had two cars shipped from LA to Detroit by LM Motorsports. $2500 each even though they were on the same truck.

5. WmacMI

WmacMI Rookie

Jul 7, 2021
    Jackson MI
    Full Name:
    T. Wayne MacGregor
    Ouch. Probably is the current going rate though unfortunately, with inflated fuel costs, etc. Back in November I was quoted anywhere from $1500 to $3k for Phoenix to Michigan.

6. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    The challenge you are likely to run into is loading and unloading. I just did the same for a non-running car and load of parts. Got lots of very compelling quotes via UShip, and could easily have had the car winched onto one of the shippers’ single-car trailers (specify that you need a winch), but most had no way of getting the car *off* of the trailer. In the end, I wound up hiring a rollback tow truck for the job, at double the cost of UShip…

The other option that some of the shippers requested was to have a forklift or similar at both the loading and unloading points, which was not going to happen. My distance was less than 200 miles though.

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I’m using Passport in June if I’m moving. They will do a non running transport but there will be a fee.

8. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I'd get a Ukrainian translator on your phone for your driver haha just had a fun car delivery the other day the language barrier was fun.