Fabspeed Perf. Package on Cali 30? | FerrariChat

Fabspeed Perf. Package on Cali 30?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Chicane5, Mar 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chicane5

Chicane5 Rookie

Aug 13, 2020
  2. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    Not having done the mod you ask about, here are my thoughts for not doing it.

Ferrari limits the torque in each gear, the lower gears are as much as around 200 N-m below engine max torque allowed in 7th gear. That is restricting torque to less than 75% max deliberately. Presumably these restrictions by Ferrari are related to dynamic response of driveline and Ferrari's intention to keep it in one piece. If someone is running into these restrictions in their driving style and wishing for more, would a 5% increase be perceptible or would it be noticed only in competition circumstances where reduced parts lifetime is expected?

In terms of noise, some people like to change the exhaust note. But do note that municipalities are increasing their enforcement of permitted vehicular noise levels. In my neck of the SoCal woods, I've seen several modified exhaust high-end cars pulled over and even seen a tow truck come for more than one.

Lastly, claims of performance enhancements deserve trustworthy, independent dyno comparisons. Are these available to help guide your decision?

Island Guy likes this.
  3. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    #3 Redneck Slim, Mar 25, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    When I was looking into buying a Cal or Cal 30 a few years ago,I recall that such a package added around 25-30 hp. The extra power would be nice,but mainly you are paying for the aural pleasure that comes from such an exhaust on a normally aspirated Ferrari engine. With a turbo (Cal T or Portofino),the power increase is enough to make the car feel like it had an engine transplant. I can't imagine returning my Portofino back to stock.