Best Baton Rouge lawyer to settle insurance claim quickly? | FerrariChat

Best Baton Rouge lawyer to settle insurance claim quickly?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by VAF84, Mar 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Had a driver with GoAuto insurance that has the minimum coverage cause damage to my pickup estimated at close to $10k. I will lose about $7k in addition because it was due to be traded in the same week of the accident for the new truck I'd ordered which happen to arrive the same day of the incident. I'm assuming the driver had the minimum coverage of $25k liability. I don't have time to mess around with what is likely to be a protracted back and forth to get my full value with this company.

Any recommendations on a Baton Rouge lawyer to handle this? Not sure whether to go with the big Gordon/Dudley or if smaller is better.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Sorry about the issue. I do not know anyone in Baton Rouge, but whoever you choose, make sure they do not push this on a junior attorney. Large firms do this with these types of cases.

VAF84 likes this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Spoke with the folks at Dudley, case is too small for them plus no personal injury. Said it may not be worth a lawsuit because I'll have to go with a smaller law firm that will charge hourly. Mostly likely a small claims issue if it gets there. On the positive side, he said it's likely they will make me whole because I have paper work proving the value of my car. We shall see...

ddrewesusa likes this.
  4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    What is your insurance company saying about this and are they onboard for a fast and keep whole settlement from GoAuto? A month should have been enough time for them to settle on your behalf.

VAF84 likes this.
  5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Actually, I got really lucky. As I mentioned, I was on my way to sell the truck to a dealer when the incident happened, and my big concern was being made whole for what I'd locked in on trade + tax credit. The Baton Rouge dealer had offered me $40k as-is (damaged), and the estimate came out to about $7.5k, so I was nearly $10k short of being whole. I drove the truck back home to Austin during my downtime, and as luck would have it the dealers here offered me $52.5k as-is. At that point, I was whole, and just cashed the insurance check they gave me. In fact I actually come out slightly ahead after this, although I would have forgone the extra to save me the stress and lost time this whole thing cost me.

ddrewesusa likes this.