BCD-Corona fuel pumps... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

BCD-Corona fuel pumps...

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Peter, Mar 24, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Fuel pump friends,

I’m bumping this thread because I searched for something similar to this and couldn’t find it till now. I have another thread going in a 308 section my original pump that was rebuilt is making a horrible noise. I bought a Facet because I have one on my other GT4 and I don’t mind the clicking noise at all, as a matter fact it gives me reassurance that it’s working, however I’m looking at the Hardi and may pick one of those up?

would be interested in any of the original posters long-term experience especially with the Hardi pump!

Rob

since the Hardi pump doesn’t have a brush motor would it need a RF capacitor?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Hi Robert, i am using Hardi pumps in my own cars, and can also recommend them for rebuilds. NBo issues so far, oldest one in usage is in place >10 years now. The Hardi pump does not require an RF capacitor.

3. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Adrian and All,

Thank you for your replies and suggestions. I think I'm going to mount the Facet pump only because I have it and installed the brass fittings and already have experience with it.
    As some of you know I am a professional drummer and the pandemic has hit me hard financially so at some point I have to at least be somewhat frugal! If I didn't already have the Facet I probably would have ordered the Hardi, and hope I live long enough to have to replace another pump in this fine automobile. I am amazed about what is inside these BCD Corona pumps and realize that the bearing must have dried up or gone bad making the horrible noise I am experiencing in this unit!

Here are the other fuel pump threads threads for cross reference.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/corona-fuel-pump.502462/
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/308-gt4-fuel-pump-replacement.657055/#post-148451161