New Rolex and Omega Lineup | FerrariChat

New Rolex and Omega Lineup

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by bart12, Mar 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I looked at the new lineup.

The good:
    1. Omega has more interesting new lineup to pick on. Good for us.
    2. Rolex did not change any of the sport watches except the Airking and added a left hand GMT. Left the great Pepsi as is. That was a relief.

The not so bad,
    they did not made the skydweller thinner and only added new dials on the DD and DJ.

Would look at picking up a few omegas this year. Their 18k gold with green dial Speedmaster is a tempting addition.

2. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks for the update - I heard/read that they were now offering the Batman GMT II with either a Jubilee or Oyster bracelet - True? Personally, I don't care since I have a Batman with the Oyster bracelet but have a close friend who wants a Batman (he knows he will have to wait) but does not like the Jubilee bracelet on that watch (nor do I for that matter) and as we know Rolex will not "swap" bracelets unless they were factory options - So if you happen to know let me know - I have the question out to my AD as well but he is out of town - Many thanks :)

3. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    They also introduced a yellow gold Yacht-Master 42 and a new "falcon's eye" dial on the white gold version of it.

The DEEPSEA 44mm models were replaced by new versions with a bigger date window & date, thinner bezels and they no longer have the diver's extension or so I'm told.

4. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Its been offered for a while. I happen to like the jubilee on a GMT, its more comfortable. They call it batgirl.

Attached Files:

E60 M5 likes this.
  5. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    But they have kept the submariner, daytona, Explorer and yatchmaster 40, thesame. Im glad they did.

6. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Very cool - Thanks - Yeah I had a Jubilee on my DJ and liked it - Just a matter of taste - glad they are offering both - will let my friend know - Cheers :)

7. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    I'm kind of surprised Rolex didn't bring the "Hulk" back ...

MDS

8. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

They discontinued the teal OP. Now prices on them will stay stupid.

9. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    I am very late to the watch game. I have a bunch of watches but I wish I started earlier to build my relationship with the local AD. Now I am in line for several AP's, a bunch of Rolex's. Got a call after a year and just picked up a Sub in two tone and a 36mm date just in ever rose gold with diamond dial for my mistress, I mean my wife.
    I was disappointed they discontinued the 41 OP blue dial. I am on a light blue kick right now. Just ordered a C8 for my son, but he had to choose the rapid blue (close enough to light blue). I am not a reseller so I do not care. Hopefully my AD can get me a new OP and I already have a aftermarket blue dial coming.
    Still will not pay over msrp on a "regular" Rolex. I love watches but not that much.
    Glad they kept the root beer GMT in 2 tone.

10. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    OH YES IT WILL. But I guess it is now a limited model??? Was it made before 2021?

11. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Just ordered a Moonshine Speedy to pair for my ordered Daytona RG.

Just keep on ordering, who knows if you will get it.lol

12. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I believe (could certainly be wrong) both Hulk and Kermit were essentially "50th Anniversary" models so limited production and once they are gone they are gone - Same with the 50th Anniversary GMT Master II (one of my two "dream/grail" watches). Interestingly, the new "LHD" GMT Master II has a green and black bezel so if you can deal with the winding crown on the left side and like green that might be a good alternative (albeit a GMT versus Sub obviously).

Cheers :)

13. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If you buy new from an AD you will never pay over MSRP regardless of the model - Cheers :)

E60 M5 and pingi3 like this.
  14. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    If these were the Tiffany Blue dials, I think they should have been a co-branded exclusive (or do so in the future).

15. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    "Kermit" is on the Rolex website so maybe can still get one via AD ? I'm going next Wednesday to a Rolex dealer and will ask - my local AD unfortunately no longer sells Rolex ( not sure what happened ), so now I get to try and re-establish a new relationship.

MDS

16. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Wow! If you can get a Kermit I would advise it - even if it is a multi-month or year wait - I will ping my AD as well - I don't have a Sub and a Kermit would be an awesome addition to my small but special collection - Thanks for the heads-up - LMK what you find out and I will do the same - Cheers :)

mikesufka likes this.
  17. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Asked my AD about all the new Rolex releases, did not get a positive answer.

18. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    What do you mean ?

MDS

19. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I mean I dont think I will get them. But I am sure they will call me for trash to buy. lol.
    They offered me the Tudor Rootbeer but I have the Rolex root beer already, I dont need it.

20. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Confused - If you have a relationship with your AD then it is not a matter of will you get any of the new models but rather when - right? It is just a matter of getting on the list(s) and where you sit - Correct?

21. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Who knows .... It seems like if you're not a major player with your dealer, you're not gonna get what you want. Same with the Porsche GT3 right now.

MDS

22. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah its definitely a bit nutty right now for desirable cars and watches - The other interesting dynamic I have seen is if you are trading in a hot item (watch or car) then the Dealers are more inclined to bump you up on the list(s) - I guess I understand it from their standpoint but don't want to trade any of my cars or watches. Crazy times indeed :)

23. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I hope so but it doesnt matter right now. Its a privilege to get a rolex right now. Rolex needs to set up their own boutiques.

24. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    My Porsche dealer is asking me $40k ADM for an allocation. Im a porsche client. Does it matter if you have bought cars from them, yes, they will call you, but you still pay the ADM.

25. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Im ok with what I have. Dont have enough garage space and watch box is full.

Shorn355 likes this.