360 - Rookie mistake thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Rookie mistake thread

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Mar 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ksanjana

ksanjana Karting

Oct 28, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I think we should add cleaning of All connectors to the annual maintenance list. Going forward it will save us tons of headache!! Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    For the newbies, the white powder covering the engine bay is one of three things:

Dry chemical from the fire extinguisher. stay away from this one
    Miami's finest. Stay away from this one too
    The insultation from the factory muffler. It's annoying but it's not deal killer. Easily fixed with a few thousand dollars.

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The ony thing I got is do not park in a downsloping parking space where you will have to back up to get out of it...unless you like the smell of clutch when you leave!

cavlino and Need4Spd like this.
  4. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    ^^^Also don't park on an incline because the parking brake is virtually useless unless you yank it to near vertical. (even when adj correctly)

5. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I beg to differ on that. My parking brake (360 Spider) is excellent and just a little tug locks the rear wheels. I use it all the time. Maybe yours needs an adjustment.

Need4Spd likes this.
  6. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you do replace the battery with an AGM type, be sure you have the correct tender. I have used regular lead-acid batteries and never had a problem. Last one was good for 6 years.
    Tenders are a must for these cars. When the alarm batteries fail, which they will, current is drawn from the chassis battery. I keep mine on a tender 24/7.
    Periodically check the coolant level. It can drop in the expansion tank and you won't see where unless the cap leaks, which they do. I know of several 360's that lose coolant somewhere over time. Failure to check the fluid level in the tank will eventually result in getting air in the system, which can be difficult to correct. I check mine on a monthly basis.
    1999 gated 6 speed 24K miles... as reliable as a Honda.

7. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Mines a 430 but i remember my 360 being much the same. I have adjusted it as per the correct procedure and it passes it's annual roadworthy check. On an incline I always seem to have to heave on it to stop the car rolling. Will ask my tech next time.

EastMemphis likes this.
  8. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    This happened to me during the first week of ownership - While cleaning the car you mistakenly leave button #20
    pushed in (depressed). The Parking Lights stay on independently of the normal Light Switch. Someone here held my hand
    and showed me the light and prevented a dead battery

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion and EastMemphis like this.