Ferrari 488 GTB Carbon Fiber Aero Suggestions | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 GTB Carbon Fiber Aero Suggestions

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari4882477, Apr 3, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari4882477

Apr 3, 2022
    I recently acquired a 2016 488 GTB and I was looking to get some simple carbon fiber aero pieces like a duck bill style spoiler, side skirts and front lip. Does anyone have any suggestions of reasonable options for these?

I found this listing on eBay and the store has good reviews but I am worried these will be cheaply made and bad fitment. Anyone have any experience with the Carbonado company? Thanks for the advice and help
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
  3. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    No experience with Carbonado. I have experience with MyRicambi and Carbonio.

it is your car and your money but I wouldn’t mess with the purpose-built aero the Ferrari engineers designed for this car. I am someone who tends to mod cars (wheels, lowered stance etc) so I understand the desire to personalize, but this is something I would leave alone. Plus, in my humble opinion, you will ruin the lines of an already beautiful car.

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Those parts wont make your Ferrari go faster BUT they sure as hell will devaluate your Ferrari faster.

blkdiablo33 and AD211 like this.
  5. Ferrari4882477

Apr 3, 2022
    I appreciate your response and I will think about it. My only plans were wheels, exhaust, and possibly the few aero pieces if I could find some that were tasteful. I guess we’ll see if I find anything I like

6. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Exotic Car Gear has a few items that are more....tasteful.

7. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Google "tag motorsport 488" - I've seen that car in person and it has some tasteful mods (including a great sounding exhaust). There are some videos of it on YouTube also.

As far as that god awful whale tail thing you posted above, my vote on that would be no.

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum!

Ray

Lagunae92 likes this.