**Fabspeed F8 Development** | FerrariChat

**Fabspeed F8 Development**

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Feb 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Introducing Fabspeed Motorsport USA newest development, our performance exhaust system for the Ferrari F8 Tributo, all coupes and spiders worldwide!

[​IMG]

Without further ado, our current offering for the F8 is as follows:

Fabspeed Ferrari F8 Tributo Valvetronic X-Pipe Exhaust

Fabspeed ULTRA Hi-Flow 200 CPSI HJS German Sport Catalytic Converters

Fabspeed Supersport X-Pipe non-valved Exhaust

Fabspeed F8 Tributo Cat Bypass Pipes for racing and competition use

Fabspeed Center Muffler Bypass

F8 Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips

Lastly, to add a few extra we’re offering BMC Replacement F1 Air Filter and Tow Hooks.

[​IMG]

A Sound Improvement: Sport Catalytic Converters
    Give your F8 a nice boost in overall exhaust volume with Fabspeed HJS German Sport Catalytic Converters. Because they are so much more free-flowing than the factory catalytic converters they let a lot more of the twin-turbo V8's exotic exhaust note through. Finally, the car has some much-needed turbo whistle.

Features:

• Fits all Ferrari F8 Tributo vehicles 2020+ Worldwide

• German-imported 200-cell HJS Tri-Metallic catalytic converters

• HJS Emission Technology catalyst cores that fit in the engine bay for the most flow possible

• No CEL (Check Engine Light) or tune required

• Gives a noticeable improvement in exhaust note for exotic high-performance sound; combine with the Fabspeed Valvetronic X-Pipe Exhaust for that iconic F1 Twin Turbo whistle

• Saves 5 lbs / 2.2 KGs compared to the factory catalytic converters

• Constructed from mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel, billet stainless steel flanges, and T321 stainless steel flex bellows

• Simple direct replacement bolt-on installation, no cutting or welding required.
    Remove the factory GPFs (Gas Particulate Filters) and get ripping F1 car sound out of your F8 Tributo whether you're at idle or full throttle with the Fabspeed F8 Tributo Supersport X-Pipe Cat-Back Exhaust System. Featuring our industry-leading X-Pipe design that improves exhaust scavenging and gives the Ferrari flat-plane crank a high pitched F1 wail.
    [​IMG]

SOUND:

Unleash the full roar of the Ferrari Twin Turbo V8 by getting rid of the GPF's and muffler and replacing them with our signature X-Pipe configuration that delivers an iconic F1 high pitched wail at full throttle and an aggressive exhaust note while at idle or part throttle. Expect a lot more turbo sounds as well to add to the symphony.

FEATURES:

• Fits all Ferrari F8 Tributo vehicles (2020+)

• Designed to fit with the factory/OEM Ferrari tips or with Fabspeed Carbon Fiber Tips

• Constructed from high quality 14-16ga CNC mandrel-bent T304 stainless steel for maximum performance and durability

• 76mm 3-inch tubing throughout

• Removes restrictive GPF filters

• Constructed from 14-16ga CNC mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel

• Simple DIY (Do It Yourself) bolt-on installation, no cutting or welding required
    All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty

[​IMG]

Check out these Videos!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CH2xdJ7Fpda/?

jm2 likes this.
  2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Sounds really good!

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  3. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Buddyg,

Thank you! We are very happy with the results, not only the sound, but the added power gains are absolutely a plus!

4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Simple easy question.

Money back guarantee that NO CEL lights or any other negatives resulting from removing the GPF ?

I don't believe any power gain is on anyone's mind at all. The F8 is pretty fast. Its the damn GPF and its removal.

I would have thought with the release you would describe what is done with the sensors relative to the GPF ?

5. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Great to hear from you again Mandalay, You never got back to our previous PM regarding your prior comments!

In terms of the GPF and sensors, We are currently still developing Bungs to mitigate the filter issues. However, as I'm sure you know, they are extremely finicky.
    Thus, further, development is needed before we can fully guarantee no issues or CELs after GPF deletes.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM us again!

6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Thank you for your response. I imagine most are waiting to see a solution to no CELs after GPF deletes. Ild imagine sales would go through the roof.

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    MANDALAY,

We are working to get it out there ASAP, I will make sure to update the thread as soon as info is available!

MANDALAY likes this.
  8. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Bigbobo and BulletBike like this.
  9. BulletBike

BulletBike Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2021
    Austin, TX
    SO I guess I should wait before buying my exhaust from you guys then if you are potentially making changes?

10. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    Any updates?

CEL?

11. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    High flow cats and the center muffler bypass will not cause a CEL, unfortunately, our Valvetronic may cause a CEL.
    Really not much can be done outside of tuning the CEL out. However, due to the current EPA regulations, it is now federally illegal for us to alter the light.

Plife and mdrums like this.
  12. Plife

Plife Karting

Oct 6, 2021
    USA
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Any long term effects on the gpf from high flow cats? Also do you have a sound clip of this setup youre describing? DP, stock rear. How is the volume increase?

13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Just curious but if its illegal to alter the light due to EPA regulations then how is it legal to remove the GPF per your prior post?

14. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hasnt it always been illegal any way?

15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I know you guys are trying your hardest for solutions but other than cosmetic body changes the war against valve opening , GPF and the like are all stacked against the F8.

I think its a case of like the sound of the F8 and get over it. Saw one yesterday on the road side by side and let him take off. Sound is subdued .

16. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    GPF's are not mandatory in the US yet, therefor their removal is not an issue, other than the CEL it creates.

Furthermore, High flow cats are legal, just not in CA. Bypass pipes and altering engine lights caused by emissions defeat devices are the issues in the eyes of Uncle Sam, currently.

mdrums likes this.
  17. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    No long-term effects that we have experienced, Our HFCs are just as effective at scrubbing your exhaust gasses as the OEM cats are so no worries there!

Unfortunately, we do not have any clips of just HFCs and the OEM rear section. I will make sure we get that added to the list of content for you guys.

Astroboy and pdxjim488 like this.
  18. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    We are proud to announce we have partnered with the pinnacle of automotive detailing suppliers, Griots garage!

Make sure to use discount code "Fabspeed" on their website for an extra 10% off all products. Truly a match made in heaven!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

19. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
  20. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Would really like to hear a sound bite of stock vs. “X Pipe” only.

21. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    I'll see what I can do!

Cigarzman and BillHartman67 like this.
  22. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Thanks very much, John. For those of us who want to improve the sound but dread the deadly CEL, or worse voiding the warranty and/or not being able to pass smog, it seems like your “X Pipe” is the only-game-in-town!

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  23. davidnz

davidnz Rookie

Apr 13, 2018
    Carrollton, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Nazem

Just ordered one ....spoke to my local Ferrari service ...they will do the install and no issues with warranty....stay tuned for the results as how the sounds will improve ....

24. Astroboy

Astroboy Rookie

Apr 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    Shaun
    I would definitely be keen on a clip of how the exhaust note changes with just running the sports cat with stock exhaust!

25. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    In this video, we show you our Red Silicone Intake and Boost Hoses for the Ferrari F8. These will dress up your engine bay and increase transient boost response and flow.