328 Bulb List | FerrariChat

328 Bulb List

Discussion in '308/328' started by Talon38, Apr 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
    I'm restoring the interior on my '89 328 GTS. I'm looking for a bulb list for the car. I've pretty much searched everywhere I can think of without success. Does anyone have a bulb list?

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    There's a bulb list in Section 5 of your OM (but not much detail for some). You can also try looking them up in the SPC at Maranello Concessionaires (https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk) as they often (but not always) have a useful picture of the various parts.

3. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
    Thanks! My OM only has external bulbs, not interior, that's the problem. I have the actual book of parts from Ferrari, but they apparently forgot interior bulbs. Thanks for Trying!!!! Mike

4. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Sometimes the bulbs are considered part of the lamp housing (even though replaceable) so don't have a separate F part number assigned, but you are lying ;) -- there are some wattage specifications for some of the interior bulbs listed in the OMs. Do you have a physical sample of what you need? Matching up the shape and the wattage should get you a reasonable functional equivalent.

5. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
    Steve, I cannot find the interior lamps in any of the original literature and the Ferrari parts manual I have. I also have the OM which only includes exterior lights. Perhaps I'm wrong, that's why I came here to be called a liar by you. Thanks for your worthless help. Have a nice life. Two-time world champ, full-time ******. So much for Ferrari Chat.

6. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Mike -- You can count on me to never respond again to anything that you post, but here is the page from the 513/88 euro 328 OM that CLEARLY lists the wattage and shapes of the interior bulbs for GTS and GTB:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    And, likewise, from the 535/88 OM for US 328:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Good luck with your Ownership -- you're going to need it if you think that it won't take some work by you, and that everything that you want, or need, will be spoon fed to you by your Mommy.

7. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
    Great! That's OK with me. I live by an honor code and being called a liar when I'm not is a real button pusher. It also frames who I'm dealing with. To answer your questions, my mom died of Alzheimer's after 10 years of full-time care. She became conscious for a few minutes before she died and thanked us all for her care and love. I can't go to her for advice. My dad died of metastatic cancer after serving as a cop for over 40 years. He received a Silver Star for attacking the enemy underground with a flame-thrower at Guadalcanal. He was an amazing man. As I restored a '50 Chevy., '49 Plymouth, a '52 MG TD, a '68 Fairlady Z, and numerous other cars, I will be able to complete this one as well. I was just looking for a fellow restorer to help. Apparently, you aren't him. Why did you start off by calling me a liar?

8. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I hate to jump in when the fur's flying, but I have a US 89 GTS and all of the interior bulbs are called out on page 95 of the owner's manual as Steve says. It does not give the numerical bulb types, but it gives the shape and the wattage.

9. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
    Thanks, Dave!

10. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
    After reviewing multiple sites, I found the best bulb list at RockAuto.com amazingly enough. It also provides the modern codes for the bulbs. I've turned it into a PDF. Of course, the items by RockAuto change daily, so this will change rapidly. Cheers, Mike

Attached Files:

Milkshaker0007 and flash32 like this.
  11. Talon38

Talon38 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike Lambert
  12. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    Sounds like someone is in need of professional help. Don't bite the hands that feed you.

13. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    No question, and he’s WAY out of line.