New GranTurismo | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New GranTurismo

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by wbaeumer, Jun 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Did I say that I want to buy one? As a Maserati-fan, I simply mentioned that -for my taste- the Grecale looks to beefy.
    The Urus and the Purosangue looks more elegant for me.

Do you buy a Levante, Grecale, etc.?

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Those cars are in a completely different league when compared with the Maserati SUVs. We bought something far more practical I'm afraid a Lincoln MKX. It's no sport driving vehicle but it accelerates well and has a tone of features. Unfortunately great mileage isn't one of them. A rather shocking 12 mpg around town here. I currently live in one of the worst places for cars and mileage. It just beats the crap out of cars here so daily drivers need to be inexpensive to service.

The Gecale looks like a copy of the Macan to me. It's the same size as my Lincoln and no doubt nicer. I sure hope it works better than Maseratis annoying to use website.

https://www.maserati.com/us/en/models/grecale

I did think about a Stelvio because I really loved the Giulia Quadrifoglio but it's too small inside for us. I would have loved to enjoy the much nicer driving dynamics though probably not the service experience which isn't very good here.

3. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    But not just with electric right?

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    not correct, there will be an ICE engine at introduction more than likely the same version of the Netuno in the Grecale.

F1tommy and Nembo1777 like this.
  5. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    just leased a Stelvio, while the Grecale is on the same platform and built in the same plant it is a larger vehicle than the Stelvio with a 3 inch longer wheelbase. The more I’m reading about it the more I like it. Probably will replace the Stelvio with one on next lease.

6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner

Attached Files:

7. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    https://www.autonews.com/cars-concepts/maserati-packs-grecale-suv-powerful-engines

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may ...

8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    That timeline is based on government mandates. Hopefully even in Europe someone will have throttled the bureaucrats back into reality by then. Their timeline is off by atleast 10 years. Add Russia and maybe 15 to 20 years.

Sorry to the non subscribed virgin ears, but even you should hear the truth.

pearsonhaus likes this.
  9. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    was referencing wheelbase difference between Stelvio and Gracale. However I could be mistaken but I’m pretty sure the new GranTurismo is based on a modified Giorgio platform as well whereas the old GranTurismo was on a shortened QP V platform

10. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  11. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    There’s still a lot of camouflage on the car, it’s just painted the same as the body

12. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What is this cryptic statement supposed to mean?

Nembo1777 and wbaeumer like this.
  13. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    For me the new GranTurismo looks nice, yes, but why a NEW model that looks -almost- identical as the OLD one??? Designwise thats clearly not an evolution!
    Perhaps the new upcoming Quattroporte then looks like the -very classy- Pininfarina-Version V????

14. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I don't get it looking almost the same either. I really loved the original Kimberly Guilfoyle inspired design ... ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    You can't see all the threads on the topic in politics and religion that have discussed electric cars and the problems going all electric that will end up delaying it significantly.

On the new GT design, it looks ok but I also think it should be more different than the old version. I wonder if they ended up using the same old GT chassis modified to save money.

16. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    pretty sure it’s a modified Giorgio platform. Here’s a good interview with Tavares on EVs. Basically says they’ll be ready for the government EV mandate with product but doubts the infrastructure will be ready in the mandated timeframe. That’s it’s up to the politicians and bureaucrats to either get the infrastructure in place or adjust the timeframe to a more realistic schedule.

https://www.quattroruote.it/news/industria-finanza/2022/04/10/carlos_tavares_con_le_bev_siamo_pronti_ma_se_l_ue_leva_il_bando_sui_motori_termici_parliamone.html

F1tommy likes this.
  17. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    OK got it now.

18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The...eh...details of that design are..eh...remarkable! :)

19. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Her eyes, mouth, and teeth are just so in synch with the car's headlamps and grill ... then there's the shape!

That photo was from a while ago. Just like the car!

20. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    hmmm...well, I thought about other...eh..details of her coachwork.....

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Please be precise, what on earth do you mean Walter;-)

More seriously I can't believe they have gone for a near identical body. I would welcome it if it were a bit smaller as a Granturismo gets a bit big in urban use at least in Europe but it does look like the size is similar...

pearsonhaus and wbaeumer like this.
  22. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    This is definition of the current Maserati 'styling': make the old new by doing the absolute bare minimum. Maserati is quite easily 7-10 years behind their competitors in all automotive facets but the Trident folks in Modena continue to boast new innovations that have already been around since 2015.

The Gran Turismo is no different. A great looking car when it was first unveiled - in 2007 - but besides a handful of changes over 15 years, little has actually changed. Maserati is the pick-up truck stuck in a ditch on the side of the road spinning it's wheels refusing to call for help while bragging about the tread on the tires.

23. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    A breasts man ...

24. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005