Time to say goodbye to Ferrari, what’s my 360 worth? | FerrariChat

Time to say goodbye to Ferrari, what’s my 360 worth?

Discussion in '360/430' started by MikeR397, Apr 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    #1 MikeR397, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    It’s been a fantastic 11 years with my 360, but it’s time for a change. I have an early/priority order for a Z06 and cannot store (or get good use out of) 7 cars right now so have decided to sell the 360. I have a buddy who might be interested in buying it but I’ve not followed the 360 market closely and curious what private value might be on my car? It’s about as good of condition as you can get for a 40,800 mile 2001 360 F1.

Options/mods:
    Challenge Stradale TCU - clutch is 85% left
    Challenge stradale carbon leather seats with red contrast stitching
    Black leather with red contrast stitch interior
    F430 oem wheels
    Carbon rear diffuser
    Carbon air boxes
    All interior trim is carbon fiber (kick plates, door trim, dash, gauges, cup holder)
    Challenge stradale rear grill
    Alpine stereo
    Fire extinguisher and custom floor mats
    Tubi exhaust and test pipes (cat deletes)
    Front bumper/hood clear bra
    Brakes and tires 90% left

I’m having the major/belts service done later this month and fixing the headliner which fell down as well as replacing the exhaust gaskets (passenger side has a gasket leak). It’s current on oil/brake fluid and other regular maintenance. Spark plugs done and both door latches replaced a couple years ago. Full service history papers although I did diy the last 6 or so years of oil changes and basic annual maintenance myself. No sticky buttons, no dents or scratches or wheel rash. The front clear bra has one little nick in the lower bumper area, not in the paint, just clear bra - I don’t notice it but it’s a easy fix to remove and/or replace the PPF.

Appreciate any thoughts on value and what to ask for it. I’ve really enjoyed this car, it’s a head turner and sounds phenomenal, but 11 ownership years is a long time and I have 3 little kids now and need SUV’s more than so many coupes at this stage in life.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Gh21631, crinoid and one4torque like this.
  2. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Very nice. I have a similar miles Spider. Good to see you’ve cared for it.

MikeR397 likes this.
  3. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    ~85k.

EastMemphis and MikeR397 like this.
  4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Looks nice. As wee all know, the 360 3 pedal cars gave gone bazooka. But the F1 equipped cars have shown a steady up swing as well.

Personally.. shoot for the moon. Every dealer I know and deal with is basicly naming thier own price..and they seem to be getting it. This car market is nuts..try to take advantage while it's still hot.

cavlino and MikeR397 like this.
  5. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Right, it’s hard to judge market, but I get it’s nuts. I just bought a 40k mile Range Rover SVR and was able to negotiate a whopping $922 off asking price plus a included paint correction, and this was more than the others I spoke to were willing to do on a ~$70k listing.

As for the 360, it’s a relatively limited market and my car is optioned quite desirably, so it’s and hard to predict what a patient seller can get now. Hell, just being red is probably a $7.5k price jump. I realize I could also sell my CS TCU separately for $2.5k maybe and put the original back in, but that is a huge improvement to the car and want the next owner to have it.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hard to tell, I’d ask 100k settle for 90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gh21631 and tbakowsky like this.
  7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Not a bad starting point..but I would hit at 120 and settle for 110. Might aswell throw that line out there..

8. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I've been watching BAT and the cars that bring the most are the most stock. The carbon fiber bits, while very nice looking, may be a drag on your values. The high mileage definitely brings the car down to earth. The TCU upgrade is probably a huge plus but most folks paying the big bucks are probably first timers so may not appreciate such things. The shields look aftermarket, which if that's the cases, are a big negative with people who know but for the first time buyers, they won't care until their first cars & coffee, by which time it will be too late.

It appears to be a fine example. I'd put the quick sell value around $80-$85k and the long sell at $95-$105k. If you've got to move it, list it for $85k and it will likely be gone in a couple of weeks.

Good luck and enjoy the Z06!

RANDY6005 and KC360 FL like this.
  9. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Bat cars are usually always stock. Seems like those cars are purchased then resold on bat the next year. I would promote your car the way it is and sell it for a good price. There is a market for every car not only the low mile cars. Too me a car that is sorted and has a nice stack of papers and some miles is better than a 22 year old car that only has 5k miles and a big price tag.

KC360 FL likes this.
  10. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Thanks. I’m in no rush, the z06 is likely not until later this year and this with optimistic no supply line delay issues.

Fwiw, shields are oem Ferrari shields that were an original option with the car.

EastMemphis likes this.
  11. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    If you have the original interior bits to replace the CF ones I would make that clear in your ad. I have always kept the "replaceable original" parts to any car I've owned and have found it many times a real deal maker for the interested buyer. Include them with the sale and let the new owner know he has options. You may not get more money for the car but I tend to believe it makes a car more "sell-able".

I'd start at listing it for $95K--- even with the mileage at 40K+. It is red and that seems to be the color Ferrari everyone wants. Someone will most likely appreciate the documentation paperwork you have as well as the highly above average condition it is in and will reward you with a good amount for the car.

Best of luck, but I'd get started now on getting it advertised. These cars sometimes take a bit to get sold. I tend to believe the serious buyers slowly learn the market about what is out there and eventually place a value on cars they once only glanced at. When they have the opportunity to view and drive a few 360s they become more educated and a car like yours may come around to being a good buy for those folks.

EastMemphis likes this.
  12. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    #12 MikeR397, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    Agree. I was going to list it after the major service is done, but reaching out to my friend before to offer it to him at some reasonable average of the price people think it’s worth here to give my first shot.

The carbon interior swaps were done by a prior owner, so I don’t have the aluminum parts. Agree in general on the point that I would save the original, but with a higher (actually driven) mileage non super limited production car, I’m not worried about offending collector’s sensibilities ;).

13. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wow 11 years already, I remember when you bought it since I used to see you posting on FatWallet too. The good old days. :) Beautiful car I am sure you will have no problem selling it!

MikeR397 likes this.
  14. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Really nice looking car. I like the way you have it set up.

PeterS and MikeR397 like this.
  15. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    I would never sell a Ferrari for a Corvette, but that's just me.... :) Good luck ! 90-95k seems a good starting point.

Tony91505 likes this.
  16. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Good Lord, I like hearing this!

cavlino likes this.