Stock Stereo Amplifier location? | FerrariChat

Stock Stereo Amplifier location?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by bb2thdr, Apr 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    I have a 2016 Cali T with apple car play (Base, Not Hi Fi)

Is there a separate amplifier for the speakers? or is it built into the head unit?

I cannot seem to locate this info in the Documentation.

2. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Following this thread since I am curious also. The non-hi-fi stereo is very lacking in this car. I would love to upgrade it.

3. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    Well I spent my free time today looking at schematics and such and have found there is indeed a non-hifi amp located somewhere possibly in the trunk. I will upload an image showing the approximate location.

However, before I go nuts and completely disassemble the trunk of the car, does anyone know its precise location?

I figure if I upgrade the amp and the speakers alone, that might have a significant impact on the audio system.

Also if anyone has any suggestions to speakers and amps to replace it with, please do. I do not see the need to go crazy with hi end here because I am fairly certain that there is no real good way to create a hi quality sound stage in this car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login