New Market price for 430 6-speed | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New Market price for 430 6-speed

Discussion in '360/430' started by Way2fast, Dec 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Ffre92 and colorfull like this.
  2. Fort Worth 360

Fort Worth 360 Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort worth Texas
    Insane just not conceivable

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    it is like house prices in my area of Northern Calif!

there has to be a breaking point somewhere

4. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    EAG is not longer doing conversion for people as of today. He wrote that on BAT. You can still order the kit from Dan (Normal Guy Supercar) for $20k, you just need to find an installer.

5. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Here in England my dealer says a realistic sale price for mine (above), gated, 11,000 miles, 05, is £130k-£140k which is $170-185k

Massive price difference between the US and rest of the world.

6. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    $500k car in 2 yrs???

7. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    In NZ there are only 5 and my valuer said NZ$240k for mine (red/tan coupe 20k miles) which is US$163k. Far rarer in rhd too. Supply and demand is everything I guess.

8. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    That's old news already. A red on tan 2009 6 jerker just sold for 413k. Now that's incredible.

one4torque likes this.
  9. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Did EAG say why? Are they just backed up with cars waiting to be converted or is there some other reason?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    If you've been watching BAT, Art has been buying up low end 360 F1's like they're going out of style. He's made the market and raised the prices due to his bidding. Why should he go through all the hassle dealing with squirmy and squishy Ferrari owners that are difficult to make happy when he can just buy the cars, convert them and sell at a huge profit margin? I'd be doing that if I was Art too. Take out the figity middleman.

swc5150 likes this.
  11. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    You got it. Art has built his own market and doesn't want to flood it.

12. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Sounds like what Dan, Normal Guy Supercar is doing also. He is looking right now to sell a mostly clean F430 quickly, but has stated if it doesn't sell fast for market rate, he will convert it to 6 speed and sell it then. Too that makes sense to sell turn key cars as long as they make the option available some way to convert to 6 speed manual for existing owners. I know I'm not really interested in a conversion as I have my GT3 for my manual transmission fix, but others might want to row the gears. Ironically I seem to be driving my F430 more because it's an F1 than the GT3. Just incase I get caught in New Jersey traffic while I'm out an about.

13. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Hey Corey, if one goes to Gated Six website, there is a list of installers, presume they are still doing conversions, but that's just a guess.

As well, other options seem to be coming along based on other threads

AandSC likes this.
  14. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    So I was thinking about it, the highest price NSX (non special edition) on BAT, a rare and supreme example, sold for $245k which is triple its purchase price.

Is it that unbelievable that a rare and sought after F430 would fetch less than double it's purchase price?

AandSC likes this.
  15. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    It's very true, that unlike the situation when they were made, 90s and 00s Ferraris are undervalued a decade or two later compared to superficially more rudimentary opposition.

How people would have laughed in the late 90s if you'd told them a Skyline or 993 TT would be worth more than a 355 or 550. And the same for some 00s Subarus and Mitsubishis here compared to Ferraris of the era.

It's a good point that it's not odd that a great Ferrari is fetching such a high price, it's odd that so many Ferraris are not, compared to other cars.

Still intrigued by the US vs rest of the world delta at the moment. It's not like the economies are wildly different, and classic car prices in general are pretty similar, but with these exceptions.

colorfull likes this.
  16. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    The latest BAT gated 430 listed is at the other end of the condition/miles spectrum than the really nice, low mileage ones that have brought big dollars. Will be interesting to see where the price on this one lands.

Ira Schwartz and colorfull like this.
  17. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I checked out the BaT listing after seeing your post, and having struck a deal to buy this car a while back- only to talk away after a dicey PPI- I can confirm that it is indeed the polar opposite of the ones that recently brought crazy $ there.
    At the right price the car has potential, but it needed a considerable amount of work, after which it'd be a good driver example with high miles. I wasn't inclined to take on such a project, so I bailed- I'm too lazy and impatient in my old age.
    I'm told this F430 was purchased sight-unseen off of BaT a little over a year ago, and now that it's been shipped 3,000 miles to its current owner it's for sale again after having been driven only a few miles since .
    Again, IMHO a car with potential- at the right price- for someone who knows what it'll take to make it nice, but that's tough to gauge without a close inspection and PPI.

AandSC likes this.
  18. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    ^^^ Agree 100%. Would be a great project to take on. It needs a lot of work though so it would have to be bought for the right price.

19. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Is it still the case that the big US prices for these cars are on BAT while similar cars sit for sale at dealerships? There was a thread about that a while back

20. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    My take, FWIW, quoted from my post in an unrelated thread:
    "BaT . . . [is] a great venue for sellers- for buyers, not so much.
    IHMO there are lots of comments about how perfect cars are, when to even a vaguely trained eye they look like decent driver-quality examples- certainly not ready to win a Platino at Cavallino or an FCA National.
    Perhaps it's just a case of folks with a bare modicum of Ferrari knowledge naively thinking that they're experts, but BaT is legion with cases of buyers paying significantly more than a comparable (or better) car would bring based on ads appearing contemporaneously in FML, FCA Bulletin, etc.
    And that doesn't even take into account the feasibility of availing yourself of a close look and/or PPI, which is obviously greater when buying via a more traditional method than with any auction, BaT included."
    I think that's especially true in this instance.

Themaven, AandSC and colorfull like this.
  21. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Something also to consider, this community are experts. They see everything! BAT is a broad buyer community, while I'm sure there are many expert buyers, there are probably also many buyers without tremendous knowledge and experience, so as above, it's great for sellers who want to lure people who have more money than scrutiny when purchasing exquisite automobiles.

Themaven and AandSC like this.
  22. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Ira Schwartz likes this.
  23. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I don't know how good or bad they are, but there are multiple 3-pedal 430s on the market in that price range for potential buyers who care to look . . . OR you could get caught up in an auction bidding frenzy on BaT and pay much more for a car you've not seen up close and have little chance of having PPI'd. I just don't get it.

max930 and DQSF like this.
  24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I honestly don't understand all the hoopla over the 430 gated car. Sure..they are rare, but they do not drive 1/2 as well as the equivalent F1 equipped car. Pay what you will, but the market for resale will be very limited when the time comes. Who is going to know how to drive (or want to drive) the thing in 10 years other then us old guys..

25. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I know i am in minority (nothing new) but i think the f1 systems will end up demanding a premium one day .. very unique experience ..

I have been in the minority many times (even laughed at) and then 10 15;years later my thoughts become reality .. lol

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Extreme1 and tbakowsky like this.