Pista Replacement!!?? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Pista Replacement!!??

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by hanz, Apr 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    That is exactly why I passed on it. It just doesn’t have the scream of a NA painting.

italiafan and Cigarzman like this.
  2. Brembo241

Brembo241 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2021
    Odessa
    Full Name:
    James Brembo

Look at my posts. Where did I bash other peoples opinions? Why are you upset that I don’t like Porsches and think they are ugly soul less cars? It’s my opinion and I’m pretty sure my approval of Porsches isn’t exactly high on your list of important things. ;)
    Peace, brother

Trochlea and BILLYS62 like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    +1
    Fashion brand, not *just* an exotics maker anymore, by their design and strat planning.
    Sad to see really, but ensures the life of the brand as there are far more wanna-be’s than purists.
    At least they went in the right direction with respect to their F1 tech and execution this year.

Gh21631 and mkraft3003 like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Kindly advise how Lamborghini and McLaren imitate Ferrari. Styling, driving dynamics, engines, body construction ?

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Brembo by his own admission has owned numerous Ferraris for decades and is a self professed devoted admirer of the brand. Why only join this forum recently?

wthensler likes this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Some are edifying while others are of little utility or enlightenment due to the fact that they not based upon actual experience and knowledge.

italiafan likes this.
  7. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    just delete the GPF

8. Brembo241

Brembo241 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2021
    Odessa
    Full Name:
    James Brembo

You think every Ferrari owner is on here?

DQSF and dustman like this.
  9. Brembo241

Brembo241 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2021
    Odessa
    Full Name:
    James Brembo

Perhaps you should edify yourself on the origin of Lamborghini….and why it’s founder created the company.

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I am quite aware of the origins of Lamborghini and the company was not created to mimic the Ferrari but offer a distinct alternative. Nothing about Lamborghini resembles or imitates Ferrari. Neither does McLaren.

Gh21631, RoadRonin and mkraft3003 like this.
  11. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    But you are on. Why did you wait decades. Curious. There have been others who are on these forums who not only do not own a car but also have no interest in driving them.

12. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Luckily Lambo continues to go its own way!
    I love the noise and drama, with reliability as an added benefit.

13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Did you get an SVJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Don't forget the build quality.

When washing the Huracan v F8, you notice an improvement in external fit/finish, plastic/rubber trims etc.... I almost have to remind myself its not a mass produced vehicle.

Gh21631 and Coincid like this.
  15. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I had an aventador s briefly and the only problem was it was MPG, 80 miles to the tank when driven hard and not a crazy amount more when not

it's a complete ball ache having to fill up constantly and made me not want to take it any significant distance

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    By that time the F8 production line will be gone.

Ferrati is currently very silent about the next mid engined V8, but from what I can find, there might be something coming based on the SF90.

Ferrari knows that an SF90 VS would be a very sought after car, so why not.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Well it would seem they could do that now….take more pounds of the current model and call it a SF90 VS. Is your info based on speculation or from a well planted source?

18. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I will shed a small tear when Ferrari close the book on pure v8 :confused:

Brembo241 and italiafan like this.
  19. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Maybe it gets beat by a bunch of cars in straight line performance but when you have to actually break and turn, the list of cars that beat the 992 GT3 gets teeny tiny...check the N-Ring times. :)

italiafan likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Nobody cares about ring times. When was the last time Ferrari ran a car on the ring? What about Mclaren? Ring times is a gimmick with the VW group of cars (Porsche and lambo) where they trot out modified cars and try to claim something great by running on the ring.

Look- I daily drive a 992 GT3. Its a fantastic car. But its grossly underpowered compared to Ferrari and Mclaren.

21. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    I care about Ring times because its a more comprehensive representation of a car's ability than having some idiot journalist mash the throttle and letting electronics do the rest. If you are not taking your car to the track you really shouldn't be redlining your shifts past 2nd gear because...it's illegal.

Every sports car I buy/drive I take to the track.

Can't stand all of the d*ck swinging contests at the Cars & Coffee events by guys with huge horsepower cars that can't drive to save their asses. "My car gets to 124mph in 7.1 seconds." BFD, you can't do that on public roads unless you're in Germany.

Same guy would get their ass handed to them on track by a guy driving a spec Miata that really knows how to drive. I see it every season and it makes me laugh.

Just like the guy that totalled his 458 Challenge Car at (turn #9) Watkins Glen because he couldn't fathom that I was faster than him in my measly 2007 ZO6. o_O

willcrook, dustman and italiafan like this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    GT3 is in a completely different price category compared to F8, 765, STO. At its price, the GT3 offers great performance.

italiafan likes this.
  23. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    And a very complete driving experience from engine sound, vibrations, handling characteristics, and the sweetest 6-speed I’ve ever had the pleasure to use.

Coincid likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    A Pista, a 720, a 765 LT will destroy the GT3 on the ring.

Gh21631 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yup. tons of fun. Just underpowered to the other cars we are discussing, aka Pista.

italiafan likes this.