What have you done to your Ferrari Today? | Page 121 | FerrariChat

What have you done to your Ferrari Today?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SteveGTB, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  2. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    Popped the ass-end up on jack stands, drained all the fuel and removed every fuel line from the car. My fuel pump started howling a couple months ago so time to swap it out with an 18812 anyway. Knuckles are all appropriately gouged up.

Dane, 308 milano and robertcope like this.
  3. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
  4. bitsobrits

bitsobrits Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE area
    Removed the airbox to see which jets are in the carbs. Happy to find out I could easily do this without having to remove the deck lid. Decided to remove the sound insulation from my U.S. spec airbox. The dude that installed the perforated metal to hold the insulation in place must have been paid by the weld. I used 23 Dremel cutoff discs getting it loose. 3 hours! Now I have to strip and repaint the airbox.

The jet selection as installed seems a bit off. 60F6 idle, 220 air corrector, F36 emulsion, 125 main, 32 mms chokes. Cars smells rich at idle and seems to have a very rich transition. Once it clears it's throat the mid range seems okay. Haven't done any full throttle runs yet.

Also, the one carb is rather wet. Stuck float? Leaking from choke mech area?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dane likes this.
  5. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Slightly leaking lead plugs.

Best from Germany
    Martin

6. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    Replaced the coolant on my '87 328GTS.

7. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Snap, great minds think alike, just changed mine today also and refreshed all the brakes.

8. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Went out to the garage and looked at her again. :)

newark_308, Dane, Cirorsi and 3 others like this.
  9. robertcope

robertcope Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Robert B. Cope
    Got her all prepped out for her first road trip (with me). Going to do 800-900 miles this week, a little driving out in the Texas hill country, back to Radwood in Austin, and back to Houston. Hope it goes well!

(and by prepped, I mean I looked her over and said, "Yup, still running flawlessly...", along with backing a tire plug kid, tire inflator/goo kit, and some spare fuel)

10. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    If you're near Fredericksburg stop in at the Hangar Hotel https://www.hangarhotel.com/ A great place to have lunch, especially if you're an aviation buff.

sherpa23 likes this.
  11. WmacMI

WmacMI Rookie

Jul 7, 2021
    Jackson MI
    Full Name:
    T. Wayne MacGregor
    308gts79, miketuason, Rosey and 2 others like this.
  12. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
  13. WmacMI

WmacMI Rookie

Jul 7, 2021
    Jackson MI
    Full Name:
    T. Wayne MacGregor
    Thanks. For years I thought I wanted a red one. But then I saw this white on red and my reaction was “Damn, that’s even cooler”.

Kent Dellenbusch likes this.
  14. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    I personally do not see white 308's often. Refreshing to see yours. I can tell you take great care of her.

15. Ray F

Ray F Karting

Jul 17, 2005
    Somerset, England
    Full Name:
    Ray Forster
    Had a slight misfire so changed spark plugs - Iridiums made a noticeable difference to smoothness and solved the issue. I also traced & fixed an earth fault with the N/S headlight.

I also swapped out the driving lamp/daytime flash lenses; mine were different styles (although both Hella) and it always bugged me, so I found a matching period correct set on fleabay and fitted them. Both work and look great. However, I just noticed that the N/S one is mounted slightly higher and further inboard than the other - and it must have been like that ever since I've had it as I only changed the lenses, not the mounts. I can't see any adjustment on the mounts other than left/right, so scratching my head for a solution....

has anyone else noticed this difference in how the driving lamps are mounted?

16. troubledz

troubledz Karting

Jan 29, 2021
    Toronto,Ontario
    Full Name:
    DINO LAMANNA
  17. bitsobrits

bitsobrits Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE area
    Bought a couple of items that should greatly facilitate replacing the carbs after the rebuild. Don't know why Ferrari didn't use reduced hex head nuts in the first place.

18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Same old, same old: high speed ambulance for the cats.
    The GTS just came out of its annual check-up in time to make a dash to the vet.

Rgds

19. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Isn't that a bit "Mitt Romney" of you to mount your cat carrier in such a place?

20. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    Good man. :)

21. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Actually, not even "my" cat (in so far as any cat "belongs" to someone, that is...). A small young tom that comes from time to time from the garden, as do half a dozen others; I've seen him for a couple of months. He came last night at 3:00 in the morning (I usually wake up early), exhausted, couldn't even walk.
    I locked him in a room, went to collect the car 40 miles away by bus, got an appointment with the vet for him, and drove him there as soon as I came back.
    Very high temperature, infected by a virus; also ear infection; got antibiotics and will be treated for the next twelve days. He is grounded here for a few days, hope no-one will miss him...

And I do hope also that the "Commander in Chief" of all the cats in the neighborhood, an eight years old, eighteen pounds Tom, that has been living here intermittently for six years now, will not mind too much...
    (The Big Tom has made two or three trips to the vet in Ferrari too, but he uses only in the GTB...the boss' car!)

thorn and Kent Dellenbusch like this.
  22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, be reassured: I drive them inside the car(s)...

Rgds

23. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    That is really good of you. We have indoor cats (never allowed outside, were close to MtBaldy in CA, bobcats, Mt. lions, coyotes, etc.) and two tom's that we feed outdoor. It's especially great that you don't mind cats (animals in general) in your Ferrari. Some folks won't let their relatives in their car. :)

24. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The "Big Tom" is used to the GTB; even sleeps in the car from time to time; does not scratch the leather, etc...just likes that car.
    (and even if he would scratch the leather, I don't think I would be mad at him, I just love cats; and they know it).
    I drove him to the vet in January 2021 in the snow; he picked up the wrong fight, or was bitten by a rat (does not chase mice, only rats...)
    Keeping him grounded for a few days was "challenging", to say the least...

Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Kent Dellenbusch

Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    He looks tired but very relaxed. We have five indoor, and then the two Tom's outside. My wife and I are big donators to cat shelters.
    --- And --- I love your GTB! They're so hard to find in the states. I have aftermarket shields on my car as well.

Rosey likes this.