Home delivery cost etc question | FerrariChat

Home delivery cost etc question

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mx1, Apr 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Dealer wants to charge nearly $2,500 for home delivery (CA to NY), was wondering is this around a fair price? And should I be getting additional insurance outside the carrier or would that be something to not worry about? Since the contract with freight is between dealer and carrier I won’t see the details so I’m at the mercy of what the dealer tells me unless I can obtain a copy of the contract which I doubt they’ll give me

paulchua likes this.
  2. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    About a year ago I paid $2200 to deliver a car from Ohio to CA. It came in an enclosed trailer with a dually truck towing it. The trucking company was insured so I didn’t have to pay for any additional insurance.
    $2500 sounds like a great price considering how everything has gone up the last year.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

AD211, Doug., enio45 and 2 others like this.
  3. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It may be a bit high, but not at all outrageous. Once you take ownership, you should have the car fully insured. Should the unthinkable occur, let the insurance companies battle it out via subrogation.

4. NachoRunner601

NachoRunner601 Karting

Dec 30, 2019
    St. George, UT
    Full Name:
    James M Burkett
    If it helps you any I got a quote to ship my F430 from ATL to just outside of Vegas in a multiple car enclosure and it was $2,500.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mx1 likes this.
  5. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Yep, coast to coast with today's gas prices, $2500 is very reasonable.

6. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    Two years ago it was $1200.00 to ship my 488 half the distance at a time when fuel costs were much more reasonable. I’d say $2500.00 is in the ballpark given fuel costs and the distance that the car needs to be transported. I’d make sure to read up on reviews of the shipping company but wouldn’t balk at the price.

7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Three months ago I paid 2500$ for my Portofino to be delivered by a single enclosed trailer from Parsippany New Jersey to Sarasota Fl.

8. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    $2,500 is definitely fair coast to coast.

technom3 and mj1214 like this.
  9. BDM348

BDM348 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 14, 2020
    Plymouth, Mi
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I paid $2,500.00 enclosed from Arizona to Michigan a few months back. Sounds reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

technom3 likes this.
  10. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    i think that is very fair $$ to ship enclosed,

additionally, just to be covered, i would have full insurance on the car - ur only talking about what, 5-7 days additional days of insurance - assuming once u get it, you will be insuring the car anyhow.

I say this just so there is no lapse of responsibility and issues.....either way, your covered.

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Extremely fair. I am in the car business and ship all the time. That is a very fair rate. Make sure they have 1 million in insurance or more of they are a 4 plus car hauler (or do the math)

Make sure they are insured!!!!!!!!!!

mx1, Natkingcolebasket69 and enio45 like this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It totally varies, closed/open, even sometimes top or bottom rack. Most shippers are independent contractors, and right now with supply chain woes, prices are elevated. The last shipment I had was about 5 years ago and it cost me $1,200 from Kentucky. (open carrier) from Dealer to home.

13. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    mx1 likes this.
  14. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I paid about $2,000 for enclosed from CA to FL 14 years ago, through Horseless Carriage. Definitely not a fly by night outfit and great service. So I’d say $2,500 for your trip in today’s market sounds about right.

15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    It’s probably 2250 and the dealer markup.

I have a broker and get the dealer rate I’d lock in that rate pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk