Pista Replacement!!?? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Pista Replacement!!??

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by hanz, Apr 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    And here I kept avoiding this thread because I assumed it was about a non-existent Pista replacement…..

Bas likes this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Why even mention street cars capabilities on a track? They are all limited regardless of make. Corvette, Ferrari, or otherwise. Anyone that has your experience knows that.

Bas, Mickyd329 and SoCal to az like this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

If you are a track rat then you know there are lots of variables in a lap time. I am sure you know this with all of your experience.

Bas likes this.
  4. Just a point of clarification.

Porsche sends its factory teams to run and establish 'Ring times, which are official factory times that Porsche publishes.

Unlike Porsche, neither McLaren nor Ferrari cares about official manufacturer 'Ring times, hence the only 'Ring times for these cars are usually by independent journalists and/or drivers. For example, unless I am mistaken Gebhardt is a Sport Auto employee, not a Ferrari factory driver, unlike Lars Kern (the official test driver for Porsche) who set the 992 GT3 'Ring time.

Not saying your information is wrong (heck, it's on the Internet so it has to be right, right?) but just that it has to be taken in context.

SoCal to az and Bas like this.
  5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Grabs popcorn...:)

Gh21631 and ScrappyB like this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Silence is a strong reply. I have the answer I expected. Not curious any longer.

7. Brembo241

Brembo241 Karting
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2021
    Odessa
    Full Name:
    James Brembo
    Oh reaaaalllly... and that would be?