Analyzing Ferrari's 2021 Annual Report | FerrariChat

Analyzing Ferrari's 2021 Annual Report

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Apr 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Ferrari (RACE) released its annual report February 25th. You can dig out some good information from it although it is long at 340 pages very repetitive and mostly boring. There are some highlights though!

I was a Finance major, but never practiced anything related in my career. I just spent 45 minutes skimming through it trying to extract some keys. I would appreciate others take a look and see what we can really dig out of it.

My first question is although they talked about hybrids and reducing emissions quite a bit, did anyone see anything about all electric cars?

https://cdn.ferrari.com/cms/network/media/pdf/Annual_Report_2021_Ferrari_NV_WEB_12.04.2022.pdf

· 2021 Ferrari delivered 11,115 cars.
    · 2021 record profits at 35.9% EBITDA.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

· Except for 2020, the number of cars shipped each year has increased about 10%.

· In 2021 Ferrari delivered 59% of its new cars to existing Ferrari owners and 32% to owners of more than one Ferrari.
    · Ferrari sees the biggest risk to its business being the image of its brand.
    · "We sold 11,155 cars in 2021 compared to 7,255 cars in 2014, and sales are expected to continue to increase gradually. In pursuit of our strategy, we may be unable to maintain the exclusivity of the Ferrari brand. If we are unable to balance brand exclusivity with increased production, we may erode the desirability and ultimately the consumer demand or relative pricing for our cars."
    · "Our current product range as of the date of this report includes six sports cars (the 812 GTS, the Ferrari F8 Tributo, the Ferrari F8 Spider, the 296 GTB, the SF90 Stradale and the SF90 Spider), two GT cars (the Ferrari Roma and the Ferrari Portofino M), two special series cars (the 812 Competizione and the 812 Competizione A), and three strictly limited edition Icona models (the new Ferrari Daytona SP3, which was presented in November 2021, as well as the Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2)."

· Distribution of Ferraris by Country

· The Sportiness/Elegance and Comfort/Performance distribution of the Ferrari models.

krash and paulchua like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not liking the brand erosion if I’m honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua and rob lay like this.
  3. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    This has nothing to do with your question directly but, this is the first time I have seen Ferrari questioning there motives on production and diluting the brand and there is no SUV yet.

rob lay likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    "We sold 11,155 cars in 2021 compared to 7,255 cars in 2014, and sales are expected to continue to increase gradually. In pursuit of our strategy, we may be unable to maintain the exclusivity of the Ferrari brand. If we are unable to balance brand exclusivity with increased production, we may erode the desirability and ultimately the consumer demand or relative pricing for our cars."

Agreed, it's all about balance. I argue Ferrari went 'mainstream' in 1969 so that battle is long lost. I'm not complaining, I can't afford 3 million dollar cars.

That said, they definitely don't want to go Porsche.

Porsche to me is like Rolex, whereas Ferrari is like Patek.