Clock/gauge chrome rings | FerrariChat

Clock/gauge chrome rings

Discussion in '308/328' started by WmacMI, Apr 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WmacMI

WmacMI Rookie

Jul 7, 2021
    Jackson MI
    Full Name:
    T. Wayne MacGregor
    The clock that I have has a chrome ring that was dented pretty badly, I'm guessing when someone replaced the lens. I've been looking for replacement rings, but so far haven't been able to find anything that looks correct. There are some Fiat rings that look to be close, but not sure the diameter is correct. Has anyone had any luck finding a source for these?

2. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    A guy on eBay sells them. Mr.Fiat is the company

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  4. WmacMI

WmacMI Rookie

Jul 7, 2021
    Jackson MI
    Full Name:
    T. Wayne MacGregor
    I've seen the Mr. Fiat ones. But it looks like they have the correct outer diameter (56mm), but the ID is 43mm, which is too small, ours are 50mm. I was tempted to order them anyway, since the ring itself is relatively inexpensive to see, but with $100 shipping I'm a little hesitant to jump on that if there's a reasonable chance that they're the wrong ones.
    I'm probably not posting the link properly, but, copied from ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223391127925?hash=item3403261975:g:T-4AAOSwMnZcZXWX

5. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    The shipping rates caught me by surprise as well.

6. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Have you reached out to Palo Alto Speedometer? They may have supply of these.

7. WmacMI

WmacMI Rookie

Jul 7, 2021
    Jackson MI
    Full Name:
    T. Wayne MacGregor
    I haven’t, it’s a good thought. I hadn’t really thought of it, since I have a working clock, and don’t need it rebuilt. But, they might be willing to sell me the part too. I’ll try calling them on Monday, and see if they can help. Thanks.

8. WmacMI

WmacMI Rookie

Jul 7, 2021
    Jackson MI
    Full Name:
    T. Wayne MacGregor
    I did call Palo Alto Speedo today. They will replace the chrome ring and lens for $250. But they won’t sell parts. I don’t really need a new lens, as I suspect that the bezel was damaged by a prior replacement of the lens, but that may end up being the route I go. Going to try a few other options to source just the part that I actually need myself, but we will see.
    If it comes down to it’s going to be ~$150 for the bezel, or $250 to have them do it for me, I’ll be shipping it off to Palo Alto.

9. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    call matt at Reoriginals.

10. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

You won’t be disappointed. They do really nice work. They have repaired two clocks of mine.