My new SF90 Spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My new SF90 Spider

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Fortis, Apr 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    That's pretty darn awesome.

2. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
    Congrats! Very beautiful spec!

3. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Thank you guys, I am really enjoying it.

4. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    I’m in the same boat - Spider with or without AF. Really love the AF looks and presence. I’m still on the fence need to decide before it gets locked in.

Any more input with experiences will be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ryalex likes this.
  5. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
    I have ordered my spider without AF, drove both and decided without the AF was best for me, especially as I need the lifter, plus the spider isn’t ever going to be driven on the track, the only thing I will miss is the rear spoiler

D11 likes this.
  6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Agree with all that has been said….

What is your Interior Spec- Colors. Your spider has amazing presence with the contrast between the light color and the CF with the AF highlights.

Where were those pictures taken?

I NEED the lifter on my street and my wife has declined to move, and achieved a similar contrast with the Atelier Livery contrasts and CF as well. I only hope my spec is close to your look.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

D11 likes this.
  7. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
    Nice spec and as you say, you have achieved an interesting contrast

8. Frankymlin

Frankymlin Rookie

Sep 8, 2013
    A quick question, I also spec. the AF pack but till wondering to choose livery or not? Any recommend?

9. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    To those who are concerned about the AF and lack of lift, The car sits very high (it would look much better lowered IMO), I have never had any issues getting over any speed bumps, there is a section at my favorite supermarket, quite a deep narrow open drain before getting on the main road at the end of a one way street (can't back up) and I was very concerned the car will bottom out at that spot because in my Lamborghini I have to use the front lift when crossing that section, zero issue in the SF90, as I said it sits much higher. I have no issues driving it anywhere.

It would be very interesting to see how much higher the nose gets lifted while engaging the front lift as opposed to the standard height of a car with AF.

The AF is well worth it, looks IMO are much improved also the exhaust note and the suspension is sublime. I am absolutely loving the car and driving it every chance I get.

phanliu, of2worlds and JJ77 like this.
  10. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    My interior is:

* Grigio scuro 5920 Alcantara
    * Nero 8500 leather
    * Silver seatbelt
    * Light blue accents
    * Full carbon

I wanted an understated color interior against the blue of the exterior, I also went monotone on the wheels (black& silver) and calipers (silver) and black roof, the exterior shiny carbon gives it a very good contrast.
    I was a bit concerned before the car arrived but when I first saw it IRL it looked amazing, I couldn't be happier with how the spec turned out.

I don't live in the States, the photos were taken at various locations in my city.

As I have said above, I wouldn't be worried about the lift, try to drive a AF along the roads which concern you and check it that way, IMO it's definitely worth the sacrifice, the AF completely changes the character of the car into a more focused and purposeful one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

TSOYBELIS and of2worlds like this.
  11. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    You will not regret it, the difference between rear window up or down is huge, why car manufacturers don't make that an option in the coupes is beyond me, that's the first box I'd tick.

Having said that I never put the roof up on my Spider :)

ScottS likes this.
  12. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    It wouldn't hurt to raise and lower the roof once in awhile in order to keep the mechanism working well.

ScottS likes this.
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  14. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel

I was leaning towards the AF but after reading your take on the AF and spider I changed my spec to AF as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Very nice spec!
    Spider AF - some people say it doesn't make sense and others like myself prefer the extra goodies.
    Before they introduced the F1-75 matte, my spec was similar to yours add cf wheels.

16. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I went AF on my spider. Like the loom and the spec. We will see. I’ve had Speciale with no lift and just added some protectors down there and never even hit them. Been waiting a while and still not 10 so looks like a waiting game.

17. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Waiting is the killer.

18. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Same with my Speciale & SF90 sits taller.
    The lifter raises 40mm.

Ltfor3 likes this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Never had an issue with my no-lift Speciale after a dozen roadtrips. Had a big problem with my AF SF90 on the first trip. It’s not a ‘nil consideration’ having no lift. I think the issue is that the nose is longer.

20. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Understood - Carrera GT Senna long nose as well, angle or abort = no scrapes
    Might be worth adding the rubber stick on but for me I would rather have below deck scrapes on AF vs no AF.

Ltfor3 likes this.
  21. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Can you describe the circumstances where it scraped? I am used to no front lift sports cars and I always automatically approach at an angle unless the road/driveway is very narrow then you are kind of out of luck.

22. krash

krash Karting

Apr 14, 2022
    NJ/FL
    Full Name:
    Ryan K
    That car is incredible. Spec is outstanding. I remember first seeing it on instagram, I sent it to a buddy of mine. He fell in love. Huge congratulations! May you enjoy it in great health.

mj1214 likes this.
  23. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Thank you very much for the kind words, I am really enjoying it and as you are rightly stating the most important think is health.

krash likes this.
  24. krash

krash Karting

Apr 14, 2022
    NJ/FL
    Full Name:
    Ryan K
    We actually have an SF90 spider in the queue as well, we plan to do it in a very similar color. Seeing how great yours has come out makes me extremely excited.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Exactly that. Had to get into an underground car park in Porto on a trip with friends. I couldn’t take it at an angle because there was no room. I thought about parking it out of town and getting a taxi back but security risks plus ‘faffing around’ time stopped me doing that. If you are not the trip organiser you basically have to find a way to do what everybody else does. All the others managed it with lift, we needed some impromptu wooden planking that was not easy to find. Still I scraped its lovely carbon splitter badly which dampens the mood if you know what I mean. The first attempt didn’t work so I had to reverse so the wood could be replaced - big mistake, forgot reverse works on the front wheels only and the wood shot across the garage as I pressed the throttle. It was literally a miracle that it missed all of my friends standing around trying to help and missed their cars too. The violence at which the wood was launched across the garage was shocking, it would have been a broken foot/leg for certain plus significant risk of car damage to someone else’s car which would have made us popular... Once in, I spent most of the evening wondering how I would get it out again! We made a plan and got it done with a lot of effort and big traffic queues (literally the famous Top Gear scene played out in Porto instead of Paris). No real harm done but could have been and it was a complete pain in the butt all told.

We’re in the position where we could have taken a different car but the SF90 had not long arrived and I didn’t want to. Roadtrips with mates are the best use for these cars I find plus it’s a lot of effort and cost to own them, missing a trip with one sort of defeats the object. For the rest of the trip the AF coupe was an absolute sensation. I think the best car I have ever driven, without question the fastest and I think those multimatic dampers combined with the power train are a big part of the reason for that.

We have a few cars without lift so I’m not scared of ordering without, just it seems more of a consideration in the SF90. Perhaps that one experience has coloured my thinking and maybe it’s pretty rare. I don’t think the Speciale would have made it either.

JAM1 and of2worlds like this.