Just moved here from Ohio | FerrariChat

Just moved here from Ohio

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by dq driver, Apr 26, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Hello,

New in town and wanted to introduce myself. You'll probably run into me at some point at a C&C or driving around OC in the 911SC or the TR

For those interested, here was my intro post in the TR sub forum, where I talk about myself and my cars.
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-to-the-forum-and-the-brand.656785/#post-148441252

Also looking for some suggestions/referrals:

1) Need paint correction and ceramic coat on the 90TR

2) Interested in buying a Capristo muffler from Yellow Compass and searching for a local shop to install it. This is something I would tackle on my own, with some beers /pizza/friends and access to a lift in Ohio, but I unfortunately don't have the space, tools, and luxuries in CA yet. Also, seems like too small/minor of a job for Fast Cars.

I've searched and many of the threads are old on exterior details or non-specific on a muffler , so any info is welcome.

-MIKE!

IcedAmericano and bibackdas like this.
  2. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Hi Michael

welcome

we can help you out with the install , this is not a job too small or minor for us .

craig
    Fast cars

blkdiablo33, Mirek and Thomas Magnum like this.
  3. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Wicked fast reply! Thanks for the feedback Craig, I'll definitely touch base for a quote.

I've spent a decent amount of time in the Redondo area for my previous job, and the facility looks very familiar. I think I might have toured Fast Cars about 5-6 years ago with a group from Honda R&D - Ohio, while we were on a trip to do a design/styling feasibility study at the studio in Torrance.

4. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I was about to comment that Fast Cars could do it. They installed my Capistro system but that was during an engine out. Few hours labor and some parts.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

5. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    No job is too small for Fast Cars. They turn around work quickly too.

Fast Cars recently installed aluminum pedals and some speakers in my Ferrari. Along the way they replaced some moldy padding under the carpet ! Win/Win.

Cannot recommended them enough !

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Welcome, Mike. I grew up in the Cleveland area, and moved out here in 1995. San Diego, Fullerton, now Indian Wells.

Hope you enjoy 12 months of driving, without road salt...

7. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Mike, where in Socal will you be moving?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

8. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I've been telling my friends, take the nicest days in Ohio, ~2 weeks in the Spring and 2 weeks in the the fall, and just repeat it for the last few weeks that I've been here. I keep sending them the 10 day forecast, and I'm expecting to get blocked soon, ha!

9. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I'm in Orange County. My 911 got delivered last week and it's making CA feel a little more like home now.

Attached Files:

Mirek, darth550 and Edward 96GTS like this.
  10. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Welcome. I am an OC native and can help with referrals to all kinds of things

Rhino Films and detailing in Huntington Beach does all my work and you can check out my work on my car.

For Porsche work, Sleepers in Costa Mesa

Can’t figure out why they do not have Chili parlors out here. Big skyline fan right here

PM me if you need any further details on anything

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

11. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Welcome!
    I too came from Midwest but that was about 30 years ago. I’m in San Diego but for my paint and ceramic I would say Iam detailing out of OC is the best around. Here is a recent fast forward video illustrating their work an old SAAB I have.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll check out and quote Rhino Films and Iam Detailing. I was directed to https://platinumplusmobiledetailing.com/ , by a local friend and it was the first and only place I've quoted so far.

DiamondDog, would like to meet up sometime to see the car and chat about the local scene and your experiences with shops.

There was a Skyline Chili less than 1 mile away from my house in Columbus. Love the coney dogs, spaghetti, and surprisingly the greek salad is a solid choice too. I'll have to check to see if Ralph's ( Kroger in the Midwest) carries the chili in cans here.

13. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    #13 DiamondDog, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
    Don’t bother, I have heavily researched. You have to get everything mail order. I usually get seasoning mix, but skyline doesn’t sell a mix. You can Buy their cans and send to a local Walmart for free shipping.

They have other brands on Amazon, but not sure. They have this small batch brand mix, but afraid to stray

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

14. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I went on a little drive to Redondo last weekend and the Capristo arrived yesterday!

Attached Files:

15. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Hop saint is across the street from us . Greer food

16. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Yeah, I didn't realize it until I searched for your address while at the restaurant. I would stay at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach (now called Sonesta) for previous business trips and Hop Saint was a favorite of my co-workers.

Now that the exhaust showed up, I'll be getting in touch with you soon to schedule the car in. I still need to think about anything other service the car might need while it's there to be efficient.

calder1 likes this.
  17. ITR TCHR

ITR TCHR Karting

Aug 1, 2012
    Southern CA
    That car is a beauty! There was a period of time where I forgot just how amazing the looks! This thing ages so gracefully just like the F40 and NSX. (edit: add in the 246 dino, haha)

Welcome to the OC!

18. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    OCKlasse and DiamondDog like this.
  19. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Nice meeting you this last weekend at The Marconi!

20. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Nice to meet you too. If there is an opportunity in the future, I'd love to hear your car at wide open throttle. I have a tendency to make my cars too low and too loud, so I'm trying to be more reserved with the TR. I sold off a cammed C5 Z06, that was straight piped for quite a long time, before moving to Ohio.

OCKlasse likes this.
  21. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Sure! It’s pretty loud.

22. Jyaki

Jyaki Rookie

Dec 24, 2016
    SoCal
    Where did you end up going for your paint correction?

23. dq driver

dq driver Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I ended up getting referred to a local enthusiast /detailer in Torrance, that was a connected to a friend/detailer from Ohio. We aligned on services and price, and I was happy with the results.

For a brand new F8 looking for PPF, I'd probably bring it to Rhino, as DiamondDog suggested.