The beauty of simple. | FerrariChat

The beauty of simple.

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by johnireland, Apr 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    For the last 22 years my passion for watches has zeroed in on two models...the 18k 1013 Rolex (and its smooth bezel version the 1012), and the stainless version of the same watch, the 1018. My only regret is that I ever sold any of them. Right now I have just four...2 1013s and 2 1018s. But are the mones that have been on my wrist...past and present. All are non-date 36mm cases with 20mm lugs. All share the 1560/1570 movements. Sometimes I wear them on a bracelet, but I normally prefer the greater subtilty of a leather strap. Because of the limited number of pics I can display, I left out the silver dial steel case 1018.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

jsa330, Rupie, JP365 and 2 others like this.
  2. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    Nice! yes under-rated and cool in a sea of usual models out there. I like the 5th down with latin jewelers name on the dial. Great patina! Another consideration is a very, very early Day-Date with less common dauphine hands and markers but such are hard to find and still twice the price. Thanks!

3. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    This was my last Day Date...the claw markers were very distinctive and only available on early ones. The hands also, known as "pencil" hands with where narrower than the dauphine and broader than the stick hands. Image Unavailable, Please Login

QtrItalian likes this.
  4. alexandra-ny

alexandra-ny Rookie

May 1, 2021
    Southampton, NY
    Full Name:
    Alexandra
    jsa330 likes this.
  5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004