For Sale - 2022 Maserati MC20 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2022 Maserati MC20

Discussion in 'Cars' started by AMG USA, Apr 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    And that was just annual compounding so daily would be even more extreme.

2. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    You can be, for just $50/month...

Boomhauer, JSinNOLA and amenasce like this.
  3. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    JJ likes this.
  4. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    2% per week? Wow, I'm clearly a crappy investor in that case.

Jo Sta7 and Stentboy like this.
  5. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    3% a week isn’t 150% a year, you forgot to compound 510 times in there.
    $100k x 1.03^520 = $473,540,192,859.65

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Oh I'm well aware of the math, which is why I specifically mentioned that my calc was just assuming annual compounding and not daily; further saying that daily would be more extreme as you've shown.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

SLViper1 likes this.
  7. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    My thought too … You can get a decently spec’s 296GTB with 819horses and Ferrari reputation / reliability for that. Masers depreciate atrociously for a reason.

boxerman likes this.
  8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    What is the point of coming into someone's perfectly legitimate for sale ad and taking repeated pot shots on it like this?

There are entire subforums dedicated to debates.

9. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    You are right. Someone buying a Camry might assume I am a nut case for plunking down a few 100k’s on a Ferrari which also is just a car for transportation in their eyes. Beauty, and by extension value, are in the eyes of the beholder I suppose. In all honesty, MC20 looks spectacular. It most definitely looks more expensive than the MSRP suggests.

spike308 and JSinNOLA like this.
  10. Schmidty23

Schmidty23 Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    Basking Ridge NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Schmidt
    A dealer isn’t a speculator. Dealerships are designed to offer products at manufacturers price points. The secondary market is for speculation. Often manufacturers of any product will intentionally release a limited amount of product at well below market value. They make less money but can generate tremendous buzz and goodwill and additional demand for other products. Like tickets for sporting events, sometimes they’re hot, sometimes they’re not. Leave the speculation to the aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. SCJ264

SCJ264 Rookie

Jul 4, 2019
    East Coast USA
    Full Name:
    Stephen Jehle
    I am a previous GranTurismo owner and a Ferrari owner (both purchased new from the same dealer) so I am one of the few who got an allocation of the MC20. I have the identical spec as this one for sale and take delivery in another month. Great to see what it will look like. Maserati is a special car for those of us who love them and my dealer told me I could already get $100K over what I am paying if I wanted to sell. From what I have seen in Europe, these things really are selling used at this level, which is astonishing. GLWS!!!

Lunch Bag likes this.
  12. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    I know that has been discussed multiple times in these forums, so I apologize if you've heard it all before.

Car economics 101. MSRP stand for Manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price. It is a suggestion. The market determines the actual price. In a normal market, prices on new cars are generally LESS than MSRP. Remember buying a new car at invoice? In this market, prices are generally MORE than MSRP. Supply and demand. The specific market on MC20's is coming from the Maserati dealers who are putting a $100k premium on the cars. Just as Porsche dealers are putting big markups on their cars. And for those that don't know it, even though new car dealers have very little new inventory, they are more profitable than ever in their history. It's not just the secondary dealers that are charging these prices. Also Porsche, the manufacturer, is raising their prices across the board so they can capture some of the profits that the dealers are making. MSRP is an arbitrary number put on cars by manufactures. If they raised MSRP to whatever the market prices are on cars right now, so this MC20 had a sticker price of $408k, would it make you feel better? The price would still be the same, but the money would end up in a different pocket, which has no effect on you, as a buyer. The market determines pricing. Judging it as relative to MSRP is not seeing the full picture. As to speculators, it's no different than speculating on a stock or a piece of real estate. If they pay the money, they have the right to the profit (or loss if they're wrong).

This MC20 is super impressive, and as far as I'm concerned, worth every penny. Whoever buys it is going to be very happy.

rampante550, FLGT, sainthoo and 8 others like this.
  13. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    Is it true that an authorized Ferrari dealer cannot attach a 'premium' to the MSRP of a new Ferrari?

14. Ultima RS

Ultima RS Karting

Apr 4, 2022
    That's completely ridiculous. They speculate every time they take a used car on trade and they ain't in business for 'good will'.

Manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.

atomicskiracer and JSinNOLA like this.
  15. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Correct, but there are creative ways of getting around that. Brand new car but titled and is for sale at a huge premium. Technically it is “not new” but in a lot of cases it hasn’t even left the showroom floor. Anyway, OP awesome looking car and priced according to the market. You guys get some amazing cars.

FPFaeth likes this.
  16. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    A 911 is not exclusive at all, there are so many of them, the volkswagen of the sportive/supercars. . This Maserati looks very pretty and is very exclusive.

Nembo1777, mkraft3003 and Ultima RS like this.
  17. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    That carbon stuff is far overrated and not worth the money.

amenasce and Nembo1777 like this.
  18. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Do you have an MC20 for sale at MSRP?

19. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It definitely isn’t practical if you drive hard or track your car. It sure is pretty though

20. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    There is one running around Perker CO in the traditional MC12 colors- Pretty awesome road presence but the spec on OPs car looks MUCH better- The one I saw looked like a Noble on steroids- Had I not seen the Maserati script on the back and aware these were out I would have thought it was a kit car.

Badass at $250K / at $400K there are other cars I would consider- That said it is definitely unique and as much as I love Ferrari to the non-afficianado a 458/488/F8/SF90 all look the same- The MC20 would at least have people curious-

Cheers :cool:

JSinNOLA likes this.
  21. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    Market adjustment price drop. $389,900

JoeTSI and AtomicPunk88 like this.
  22. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Now this is a real supercar. What the 296 should have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LARRYH and njcycleguy like this.
  23. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I sat in one for the first time this past weekend and I was awed.
    Spacious yet the cockpit still felt sporty . The seat was comfortable the dash and infotainment were well placed and not overkill.

I'm a fan.

Cigarzman, Nembo1777 and of2worlds like this.
  24. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    What the hell happened here?

(iirc we used to have rules about crapping in someone's for sale thread. They must have been repealed?)

25. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Beautiful Car. Certainly a unique addition to a curated collection of drivable cars. I sold my 458...and lurking to see what is my next addition. I wasn't initially impressed by this car when it was announced years ago, and I do admit to disparaging the design back then. Times have changed with the unique (odd??) looking 296 GTB with Turbos & 6-cyl. So, the MC20 and the 296 GTB are now on my short list. Price is a personal matter...like colors, design, & features. I will pay what I need to pay to get my next car. GLWS to AMG USA. Haters will just keep hating.

rampante550 likes this.