F355 Market | Page 367 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Someone got a bargain for a minor accident.

Targatime likes this.
  2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    no, i texted him.

audi_328 likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if it even had one

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes, they should have had @1600veloce sell it

6. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the math, interesting....but still, seems to me that at both an 800-900 rpm idle and at 1050, the alt is not putting out any power. So why not have a 900rpm idle? This is reminiscent of the pulley setup on 3.6 911's, where there are two v-belts, one that runs the fan and one that runs the alternator, to keep the alternator spinning at a higher rpm. Put a single-belt RS pulley on the car (that locks the fan and alternator together) and the claim is that you could run the battery down in stop-and-go traffic. I guess in theory, and I'm sure Porsche went to the twin-belt setup for a reason, but I put an RS pulley on my car 15 years ago and have never had a problem. I suspect it'd be the same deal for a 355. Unless you drive it constantly in major traffic jams with all the accessories running, the battery is going to be recharged just fine. Now if there was an oil pressure issue with a lower idle, that would be an entirely different story of course.

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    He got tapped in the rear in what is most likely a low speed incident. There’s a police report.

I see signs of the rear bumper repainted. The lower mounting brackets are painted red. Should be bare metal.

The car could’ve been setup/restored better. Didn’t seem like the seller cared to invest more into it to secure a solid number. There’s still a lien on the car, which seems to have been of some concern. Car should’ve been paid off to streamline the buying process for those buying the car practically online.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I also think if you have a car that has been in an incident and you’re selling on BAT, you need to present frame pics, incident pictures, damaged pictures if the incident was really minor and you wanted to instill confidence in bidding. Don’t let the bidders “figure it out” on their own.

INTMD8 likes this.
  9. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    It's less than 10 amps/barely working at 800 idle and over 30 amps at 1000rpm, quite a difference.

A 993 3.6 has 2000 less rpm to work with so it can have a higher pulley ratio for the alternator, charging at a lower idle and not overspeeding at 6700rpm redline.

MAD828 and Targatime like this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

95 rear bumpers with the squared off license plate area and no lower slot cutouts is no longer available to purchase new. Has been discontinued for quite some time. The fact the car most likely still has the original rear bumper tells me the incident was minor if the bumper was still salvageable. Most body shops wouldn’t deal with the headache of putting back together a busted up bumper. Since car was hit from behind, accident fault would’ve most likely been on the other guy and his insurance. They’d replace for new if it was remotely close to bad.

A body shop looking for a rear bumper to replace… slim chance they would’ve found or looked specifically for an early 95 rear bumper. This indicates to me a high chance the bumper is still original to the car.

JAM1, Philipnz, INTMD8 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    They should have removed the bumper and posted pics of the rear of the car to show that everything looks good. What hurt this car wasn't accident damage, but the mystery surrounding it. Even if you don't have pics from the accident, there's a lot you can do to dispel the mystery.

JAM1, ShineKen and INTMD8 like this.
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    How much did this minor rear tap cost the seller in valuation deduction?

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    12k to get the interior perfect.
    10k to get the outside perfect.
    no accident prob +80K

did it need a major?

14. Cicio

Cicio Karting

Apr 14, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Nathan Cicio
    Last major was 19, wasn't due.

I agree with your assessment fully.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    And if i was the owner id get the valves done so that’s about 15k

16. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I think those were already addressed as well!

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    oh nice, wonder how many rosso barchetta/cuoio 95 GTS were made. cant be many

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I think you are all nuts. $144,000 for that car was a fair for buyer and seller based on previous sales this year. Forget the $300,000 GTS debacle, who has a bigger "Richard". This year Berlinettas and GTS have sold between $130,000 and $160,000 on BAT. $144,000 is right in the middle. The only other car that sold higher than that range was the green spider, which even I would admit was another outlier.

Wsmatau and Targatime like this.
  19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    So if this had no accident, perfect interior and perfect exterior,it wld have sold for 144k?

20. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Didn't I say it was a fair price for the car? If it sold for $165,000 everyone would be OOooo, told you so.....

21. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    The BAT car was a GTB as you know but selfishly I’d love to know the RB GTS numbers as well. I believe less than 5 ‘95 gated RB/tan GTS’s we’re delivered to the US.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  23. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Ah. July 21, 2021 IG post Nice car.

ShineKen likes this.
  24. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Why does it look like that IG has been edited in the last 4 hours. I read it slightly differently when you first posted it, and now I see some info missing?? Am I losing my mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    It's an old IG post. I posted it to show Rosso Barchetta 355's are rare... GTB or GTS. I also think it's a very nice color.