What books are in your Maserati library? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What books are in your Maserati library?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 71Satisfaction, May 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Angus81

Angus81 Karting

Oct 15, 2011
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Angus Young
    Hi to You All,
    I am doing some space in my library
    I have some MASERATI Books for sale (including VITTORE, ZAGARI, and Press informations from the 80'S 90'S)
    Do not hesitate to send me a PM if you are interested

Attached Files:

71Satisfaction likes this.
  2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner

I guess I was right, or I know your printer :) Thanks Walter!!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JFB1 and wbaeumer like this.
  3. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Walter,

You sneaky devil! Another book for my library and by the University of Chicago Press which is just 50 miles from where I live. However, I always like to see if I can get you to autograph you books so can that be arranged? You wouldn't happen to be planning to visit Chicago due to the publication would you as I have some of your other books that do have your signature. I would be nice to get all of them signed.

4. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    PM sent

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Any good books on the '70's Ghiblis

6. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    To the Ghibli in particular? No, not to my knowledge...

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    There was a German who contacted me a few years ago who wanted to do a Ghibli book but I only heard from him once. He asked Fabio Collina to be given copies of the entire factory Ghibli archive and when they told him that is not how they proceed I think he lost motivation...or delayed his project indefinitely.

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    That's too bad. Besides any Ferrari, the Ghibli spider my dream car.

9. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Totally agree on the Ghibli spyder .... but ANY Ferrari is a dream car? Somehow I do not see myself dreaming of a Mondial or a 412.
    A 250GT series 1 spider ... I could dream all day :)

Ivan

10. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    I once drove a 250GTO. A fantastc car and very easy to drive. But too expensive today...even for a dream!:rolleyes:
    So: 275GTB would do it for me or a 250SWB. From the race cars: 330P4...but so expensive, I woke up from my dream...;)

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    You know what I mean... I dream red.

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    In a dream, you can have all those, and more. There are no limits.

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    To get back on topic here is the article I mentioned earlier about the most important Maserati books published to date. It was written by Adolfo Orsi for the December 1999 issue of the factory's magazine simply called Maserati.

Of course it is 22 years old but it is easy to find out about later titles; he highlights the early important ones.
    It was this article that inspired me to build my Maserati book collection, so much more satisfying when you have to work to build a collection to search out rare editions as opposed to buying yet another questionable book on brands that get far too many titles.

The article is bilingual, you can enlarge the image to read. It is the only such article I have ever seen so for those who actually read their books as opposed to use them as ornaments in their homes (or garages!) it is good to have it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    As there is a book on the Bora and Merak. It would seem appropriate for a Ghibli, Khamsin, Indy book. Then a 3500, Sebring, Mistral.

15. remi

remi Karting

Sep 18, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    And the Mexico don't forget...

16. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    At the time when this individual wrote the feature, these were ALL (!) books that were available about Maserati at that time. So to say "...he highlights the early important ones..." is a bit over-enthusiastic.

It was the Crump/Rive Box books about Maserati who took me on the path first.
    Then it was the Zagari/Orsini-book followed by the two books of Joel Finn.

These authors made it for me about Maserati.

Yes, a pity that there are no books about 3500GT and Ghibli/Ghibli-Spyder.

3500 GT likes this.
  17. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    ‘would group the Mexico as an evolution of the 5000 GT evolving into the Kyalami

18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #68 Nembo1777, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    If you look closely at that list he graded the books so he did not put them all on equal footing. I don't necessarily agree with his grades for all the books but at least this article/list exists; it forms a base.

Last night I read part of the Pritchard book to prepare my next major Maser racer historical bio test drive article (please don't ask) and found it had some very interesting details I had not read before. Beginning to go through my entire library for that and will source period magazines. It is sooo satisfying to find some eye opening details that only period books and article have...Then again new research and interviews can put things in a different perspective. Luckily for this article I will have both thanks to someone who is eager to share his own excellent research; many thanks to him. It is all about documenting history as precisely as possible:)

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Surely you mean the Khamsin?

The Kyalami is nice but it was a quick job by de Tomaso, restyling a Longchamp and wedging in the Maser V8 to affirm his imprint on the company he had just taken over.

I do consider the Khamsin a symbolical scion of the 450S and Tipo 151 and have done so for decades.

20. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I think the Kyalami is an evolution of the Mexico, even if its roots are the Longchamp. The Khamsin is perhaps an evolution of the Ghibli, not the Mexico.

Ivan

71Satisfaction and wbaeumer like this.
  21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    That's one way of thinking, to each his own, not a great fan of the Mexico so the thought had not occurred to me.

22. remi

remi Karting

Sep 18, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not a great fan of the Mexico! Shows how tastes differ; for me it's between the Sebring and the Mexico as to which classic GT Maserati is my favourite...

71Satisfaction and Nembo1777 like this.
  23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    But the Mexico has a better hadling than the Ghibli...

24. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Just received my copy of the Maserati A6GCS book. Walter did a fantastic job as usual. Took an extra week because it went thru JFK in Zoo York instead of direct like normal.

25. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Glad, that you finally got it. Enjoy...