The F50 Thread | Page 141 | FerrariChat

The F50 Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by amenasce, Dec 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jandrovi

jandrovi Rookie

Dec 8, 2010
    Spain
    Sorry...the above is front suspension, not rear :)

2. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    looks nice, but has an aftermarket full sports de-cat exhaust system - so is missing everything from the manifolds to the exhaust tips - not easy to find these days.
    Exhaust valves also missing and the vacuum pipe feed.
    Secondary air injection system pipes have also been removed.
    And no sign of the unique F50 torch.

of2worlds and BtvFerrari like this.
  3. christiann

christiann Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    what is the f50 torch?

4. BtvFerrari

BtvFerrari Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2020
    The Netherlands
    It’s a rechargeable flashlight that also acts as a courtesy light when the doors are open.

See the video at 10:58 to see how it works.

Camlet1, joe sackey and of2worlds like this.
  5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    When we sold the very low mileage 104790 it also had this system or similar fitted (sounded amazing!) but it also came with the entire original exhaust system from headers back, possibly it's the same situation here.

By the way we have perfected an easy fix for the worn driver's bolster which we use on 288 GTOs and F50s.

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  6. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    help solve this mystery..........

Ni-Cola auction in Germany are selling what they claim to be the build book photos for Ferrari F50 s/n: 106445

lot 857: https://auction.nicola-ac.de/catalog107/?page=1&search=%23857&btn=Search&filter=
    and
    lot 858: https://auction.nicola-ac.de/catalog107/?page=1&search=%23858&btn=Search&filter=

this shows a Giallo Yellow F50.....along with a photos of the chassis number attached to the tub, and the little plaque the goes on the outside of the build book presentation box.

but if I goggle that chassis number 106445 it shows a Rossa Corsa F50, and Barchetta has it listed as Rossa Corsa:
    http://www.barchetta.cc/english/all.ferraris/detail/f50/F50.asp?sn=106445

was it originally Giallo or Rossa Corsa?

or have the auction house got a load of old build book photos showing a yellow car and the chassis number photos of the Rossa car have got mixed up with these photos over time?

Attached Files:

Andre Siloto and NürScud like this.
  7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    106445 was born RED (Rosso Corsa FD-80), not yellow.
    Delivered new in October 1996 to Mr. R. F. in Switzerland.
    The factory made a mistake with those photos and the build book presentation book.
    That's probably why this stuff is now for sale.

Marcel Massini

8. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    awesome as always, thanks Marcel

9. TFPG96

TFPG96 Rookie

Jul 13, 2016
    UK, Herts

Chassis tag on the build book looks suspect to me

joe sackey likes this.
  10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  11. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
  12. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I took my F50 out for a very spirited drive the other day through the country winding roads of Warwickshire in England - I felt v alive and vulnerable all at the same time …. I’ve just seen this lovely video and it explains the feeling I got , “Visceral” and I hate to admit it I prefer it over my Enzo …. Only Just though …. Karim , you must have seen all these stages of F50 undressing at DK and it’s so lovely to see this short but punchy video ….. it explains briefly the mechanicals behind my ENORMOUS smile when hitting just 3rd hear around a lovely curving hedge-edged UK road ….

13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Who needs "The LIST" anyway... :D

JagShergill likes this.
  14. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Great to see up close the engineering detail on that clip and through the pics in the last few pages on this thread.

Jag I could hear you pulling third all the way down here in South Wales! :cool::)

JagShergill likes this.
  15. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Jag, happy to hear your experience of being ‘alive and vulnerable’ driving your F50! May be you can take me along for a ride one day!
    As to the DK video and I seeing the various stages of F50 undressing, the first car in this video (the one with only the engine bolted on) happens to belong to the Bloodline Collection

JagShergill likes this.
  16. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Here are some follow-up pictures of the same car after the ‘Lego pieces’ have been put back together
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JagShergill, BJK, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CdGKpqeohqv/?

18. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The point of my post was that original F50 exhaust components do exist and can be found, this is because because years ago when the cars were worth a lot less they were often discarded in favor of a sports exhaust, and when the car was sold the original exhaust did not go with the car. Now that the cars are so valuable, there are F50 owners searching for original components to return their car back to stock and it's a good thing this particular resource https://www.instagram.com/dkengineering_parts/ has this unit available.

JagShergill and BJK like this.
  20. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    Thanks for the explanation, but I doubt anyone gives a **** about a stupid torch/flashlight. At least, I certainly don't.

21. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Mark - I need to reach you. Can you please shoot me your email? Your profile is restricted so I can’t PM you. Thank you.

22. dariedell

dariedell Karting

Jul 12, 2021
    United States
    Full Name:
    Andrew Riedell
    Well, some people won't buy a car like this without its original tool kit, which they are sure to use a lot less (never) than the thing that lights the cabin up every time they get in and out.

joe sackey and 275GTB like this.
  23. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    message sent with details

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  24. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    something makes me think, if the advert includes the fact that the car comes with an £80 sales brochure that is available any day of the week on eBay, it might include details of the original exhaust if it was present.
    Also the silk scarf mentioned in the description was not an original item to the F50 when delivered new.