812 Replacement Rumors | Page 48 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Actually, notice how the 992 SC used a detuned version of the 3.7L TTS engine (641hp-> 550hp), so less power... and added a manual... with every unit immediately spoken for I'm sure

Notice how the Porsche GT department has an absolutely rabid fanbase and how those cars, which are still holding out bucking the trend towards turbo/hybrid/electric/way moreHP, are demanding ADMs (supply and demand) far higher than any other Porsche model (upwards to 100-150k, as percentage of MSRP what nearly 100%?) here in the US.... did 992 GT3 even add any HP from 991.2 4L? I don't find those cars slow at all, slower than Tesla or SF90 sure, but what about more engaging and ironically fun to drive and exploitable on roads?

Notice how Chris Harris on his latest STO YouTube review heralds the NA V10, claiming it as the best Lambo he's ever driven, even though it's not that fast, not hybrid, and not "that" powerful. Even admitting the more powerful SF90/765LT/anything turbo or hybrid will smoke it clean off the line...

The Lotus argument I don't properly buy because Lotus is not and will never be Ferrari, not comparable even if the two hypothetical cars are similar in stats (lightweight, engaging, and if God listened NA). The design, dealer network, engineering, passion, just intangible feel would be different. The prestige, legacy, heritage, etc of Ferrari all add to behind behind the wheel of a car with the cavallino on it

IMO, and it is just my opinion, but Ferrari heading into the same waters as everyone else going for heavier weight, more power, more hybridization doesn't help them distinguish themselves against the competition. I get that the world is changing, regulations yada yada.... But I always felt like Ferrari was different, look at the ethos of Enzo and his contempt for the trends or other people and their views... don't know if that's the same anymore!

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thank you for your post. It is one of the most thoughtful and eloquent reads I have read here in a long time. I can't agree with you more.

Doug23 likes this.
  4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    SirTony76 likes this.
  5. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    From the earnings call today--"And finally, to return to the present, tomorrow, is a big day. We will unveil our first new model for this year, the new Ferrari Limited Edition V12, which I'm delighted to announce, is already sold out."

Is this the PS or something else?

SirTony76 and Jonathan19 like this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Even with, say 10,000 hp, it's linear. With electric, it can all be done by a robot. That's what causes the gnashing of teeth; I get it. In our hypothetical, if true - it will happen gradually and at a pace that the market will accept. I believe the public will reward/punish what works and what doesn't.
    The Chiron isn't exactly staying on the shelves.
    The eyebrow raised to me is why people care so much about what doesn't have to affect you? I don't watch if serving sizes at Mcdonald's double; nobody is forcing me to eat two big macs.

7. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Its the PS for sure, confirmed by my dealer at the 296 GTS unveiling

8. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Did you have a link for this "Call"?

They really show a New car Tomorrow!?

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    What’s affecting me is them not building the car I want, but instead building tech-oriented cars I don’t want. They’re abandoning me, not the other way around.

Thecadster, day355 and JTSE30 like this.
  10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Being shorter is a big clue to the engine shrinking also since its a Hybrid no need for an alternator
    I can see the wheel base shrinking 30-50mm with an entire clean sheet design

11. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    The Purosangue is limited edition?

haithman likes this.
  12. haithman

haithman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2004
    Assume the V12 variant will be

leopoldo likes this.
  13. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    PS Tomorrow? Really?

14. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
  15. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
  16. Ray Schumi

Ray Schumi Karting

Aug 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray Ch.
  17. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Good eyes! Sorry for mea culpa!

18. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
  19. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    No problem, it happens to everyone.

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  21. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
  22. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
  23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Ferrari's benchmark should not be Lotus, but Gordon Murray.
    Why ? because this man makes cars for those who like to drive and that Ferrari makes digital and artificial cars, heavy and without nobility (because hybridization removes nobility, a bit like liquid crystals on a watch) with unusable power for those who , mostly want to show off. This is not a criticism, just a fact.
    Very often, the pleasure is in simplicity, Gordon Murray has understood that, Ferrari is still looking!

24. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I’d rather my cars be beautiful like Ferrari has done. Murray’s cars are not speaking to my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

430jm and R J like this.
  25. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    For the share price or for the buyers?
    Ferrari is another brand that is phasing in and should have a green rather than yellow background on the badge.
    Why not recognize it and cling to a decoy.
    Even inside the factory they are aware of it.

deltona likes this.