Wanted - Murcielago SV | FerrariChat

Wanted Murcielago SV

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by 06viper, Jan 19, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 06viper

06viper Rookie

Mar 31, 2019
    NM-AZ
    Trying to find a Murci SV to add to my garage. If you have any in your personal collection or know of anyone who would be willing to sell, please don't hesitate to PM me. Want to add it in the garage next to the 765LT, STO, 992 GT3, and Factory Five Cobra!

2. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    With a total of 186 cars made, you are definitely looking for a unicorn :) , good luck.

3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I am on my second but don’t plan to sell. Iconic car, last of the Bizzarrini engine. Epic.
    I had a Nero Nemesis MSV, sold it, missed it so much and bought a white one.
    I don’t know of any currently for sale. My friends who have them are also holding onto them (have a friend who has 2 - orange and Verde Ithaca).
    A recent post mentioned one selling for 1 mil.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    If you could find a company to do proper import & registration, hit me up. I have a source for a Matte Black under 6K kilometre(AUTO trans) car, LHD of course. I was going to import and enjoy it myself, but I'm happy to make the cut, if you can get it registered in the States.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #5 Bas, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Bit weary of that number. Not at an auction, and with the current idiotic market, nothing surprises me that all these people inflate the numbers somewhat...because anyone that already owns a car or just bought, will benefit. They took a leaf from the Pagani Zonda cartel...I take the million dollar number with a grain of salt, given that it was double the current going value of one is. Not that it matters what I think any longer, the ''big'' insta accounts have rapidly shared this ''news'' and now made it fact.

Sad state of affairs really.

PS just adding, I've been watching the SV market closely for years now, and especially in Europe, cars have been sitting for YEARS hovering around 350-500K, not selling. I know the car is rare with only 186 made. These same cars are still available today, yet suddenly price jump for this example jumps 100%? Doesn't make sense any longer.

It's a shame because it's happening to so many cars now, and many will end up in the hands of speculators. I daren't even call them collectors any more. Purely speculators. These are machines made for driving...and well, what's a driven, speculated car worth? Less...

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I agree with you on the ridiculous SM and auction craze…. difficult to track true numbers especially on such a limited model of less than 186 units (many crashed). The true transactions would be through the owners. Here in the U.S. there are only 20-30 cars. It is a rare bird so I am not surprised that the MSV surpasses $1 mil, akin to the crazy CGT appreciation.

I just spoke to my friend who says he was offered $1.3 mil for a Verde Ithaca. Transaction has Not taken place. Will see.

Bas likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Very interesting !

Bas likes this.
  8. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    e-gear or manual?

9. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I am in Dubai at the moment, and there is a good example in matte white (or balloon white with matte PPF on it, not sure) car in Al Ain Motors, that appears to be in good condition. Not sure if you will consider such an option. And they also have an awesome Saleen S7 twin turbo in the same color if it matters :D :D

10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    E gear

11. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  12. Brewersprts

Brewersprts Karting

Aug 23, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Donnie

Details on the roadster? E gear or manual? Miles? Issues? Is the color paint or a wrap? Price?

13. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    plastique999's SV and my manual LP640 had a sleepover last year

I have had 3 Murcis (2 manual pre-LP & manual LP) and driven a lot of Murci's. The SV is a really special car to be in/around - there are so many details that differentiate the models. If you're after an SV, a standard car will not meet your expectations.

Flash G, NürScud, Auraraptor and 4 others like this.
  14. dariedell

dariedell Karting

Jul 12, 2021
    United States
    Full Name:
    Andrew Riedell
    I know the 186 number is thrown around a lot for the SV, but the actual production number is more like 260-280. John Temerian of Curated says 250-280 and a guy who has been tracking down every VIN says he has 254 so far. Temerian also says 44 sold to the US. OP, that might make you a little more optimistic in your search, FWIW.

Ryan S., technom3 and DQSF like this.
  15. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    2 youtubers just picked up SV's. Ed's was a crashed US car sent to Europe, now it's back.

16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Who are these owners ?

17. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    Ed Bolian and Savage Garage

Ryan S. likes this.
  18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Thanks for the link, Aw yes… Ed is pretty well known for his Lambo knowledge.
    Interesting history on his SV from Europe, wonder what he paid for it ….

19. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    I don't think the market is as crazy in Europe as it is here. I bet Ed got it for around $400K because of the salvage title.

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Savage garage is a rich dude that does YouTube videos but he is by no means a YouTuber . Ed u could say is heading that way

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    He is 100% a YouTuber.

Phil~ likes this.
  22. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    No no no. Everyone knows he got it for 400k because he's a Shrewd Negotiator.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

P Zero likes this.
  23. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
  24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed