Ferrari Monza SP1/SP2 book | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Monza SP1/SP2 book

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Buchpilot, Sep 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I'll send you a pm with more info.

gt4me likes this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #52 Marcel Massini, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    Dino2010 likes this.
  3. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
  4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    One is paper, the other is carbon fiber. Not the same material.

Marcel Massini

Rosey likes this.
  5. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I'd say the black, wrinkle creased effect covers, front and back are about 2mm's thick, in quite firm cardboard.
    Of course, no comparison with carbon, they somehow need to justify the + 4000 $, don't they? :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rosey and Buchpilot like this.
  6. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    I can't wait to hold my copy in my hands ;)

Rosey and Dino2010 like this.
  7. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    2 last brochures of this marvel available.
    More info in post #46.

Buchpilot and Rosey like this.
  8. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    #58 Llenroc, Jan 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    On a bit of a side note; Ferrari did the same book concept when the F50 came out. There were two versions of the what was called a presentation book, one had a cardboard cover and the one that came with the car had a carbon fiber cover. The pictures are of the carbon edition. The sad part is, I could have bought 2 of these at the same time but I only had $200.00 cash at the time and he didn’t take credit cards so I came home with just a single copy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dino2010, Buchpilot, Terzeus1 and 4 others like this.
  9. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    The 'teaser' Monza SP1/SP2 brochures are all gone!

Buchpilot and Rosey like this.
  10. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Hey Otto,

My Monza book just arrived safe and sound all the way from Belgium to Australia.

Can't wait to look over it tonight.

Thanks again !!

NürScud, Buchpilot and Dino2010 like this.
  11. simonw

simonw Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Sheffield, UK
  12. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Great picture!
    What's your opinion about the Monza book?

13. Terzeus1

Terzeus1 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Czech Republik
    Full Name:
    Karel Steiner
    [/QUOTE]
    The book is beautiful. Unfortunately, even if it is made of quality materials, I think it is overpriced. This is my opinion but in time it will sell for less. If you look at the Ferrari brochure auctions from the 50s - no one buys them for 1,500 or 2,000 what the owners demand for them.
    They are almost unsaleable.
    It's my personal opinion. I'm not forcing it on anyone.

of2worlds, Rosey and Buchpilot like this.
  14. simonw

simonw Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Sheffield, UK
    The book is a very beautiful and a striking item. I’m really happy to have it. The attention to detail and materials used really are impressive - as an example the metal slipcase has no visible seams to it.

I think others have mentioned it does have the feel of more of a marketing brochure/coffee table piece rather than a regular book even down to providing a list of the standard Ferrari colours available and a full specification section. As you would expect there is a lot of detail and photographs of the car, including a lot of the details you wouldn’t see unless on the production line. Some of the photos are just stunning, but very similar to the photos we have come to expect in recent Ferrari sales brochures.

The first section of the book is devoted to the background history of the Ferrari racing barchetta. This is followed by the design concept of the new Monza and then the final cars.

A couple of negatives - the size and weight of the thing. Its huge and to be honest a little unwieldy. I’m still not sure where I’m going to store it. While it’s nice to have the large pages I’m sure it would have been just as impressive and a lot more accessible if about a third the size.

The other of course is the price. For most people – me included - it’s a lot of money to pay for a book/sales brochure.

Looking at the materials selected and the level of detail I can see why the price is going to be high, and I’m sure there is also a considerable Ferrari tax on top. I’m sure Ferrari could have produced something just as impressive, but a lot cheaper if they had wanted. They could have even produced a watered down version for a wider audience , like they did for the LaFerrari, but that doesn’t seem to be Ferrari’s target market.

Is it a good investment ? – to be honest I don’t know or care, I bought it to enjoy it for what it is. I do think that the resale market is likely going to be quite small though without a sizable drop in value.

of2worlds, gt4me and Buchpilot like this.
  15. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Thank you very much for your detailled evaluation! Highly appreciated!
    Sven

jm2 and simonw like this.
  16. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    The official video about the book shows a double-page with many signatures of leading Ferrari staff. Are these signatures original or printed?

17. simonw

simonw Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Sheffield, UK
    Buchpilot and of2worlds like this.