355 - Ferrari F355 Modificata Restomod | FerrariChat

355 Ferrari F355 Modificata Restomod

Discussion in '348/355' started by ypsilon, May 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Interesting vid:

Jeronimo GTO, M@r]{, ShineKen and 5 others like this.
  2. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Cool vid. I definitely am in the pro-mod group. I've done quite a few things to mine, and I feel they all work together to enhance the driving experience. Now who's going to help remake the FHP steering racks for us? :)

3. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks for sharing the video. I've been wondering lately about doing 2 upgrades to my F355 - a faster steering rack and a more competent suspension system. I love the car but the steering/handling leave something to be desired - even in period - my contemporary 993 runs circles around it, albeit on upgraded dampers. Anyone have any recommendations for upgraded suspension (still street oriented - not track) and a quicker steering rack? I believe the challenge cars had a faster rack IIRC...

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    What the hell is Rob Dahm doing reviewing 355’s :p??? Rob is an RX-7 guy.

Rob’s actually been to my office a few times. Didn’t know he cared for Ferraris. I’m gonna have to give him a call when my 355 is done :).

OCKlasse likes this.
  6. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    I tend to agree with Jeff’s comment on Challenge version being 5x the intensity of red Modificata version…as I can say that Challenge vs stock ones have even bigger disparity in intensity.

I’m interested in the modern ECU. This is second time I heard that modern ECUs can provide improvement benefits over originals. Motec ECU perhaps?

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    What ruined the video for me was the presenter. He knows almost nothing about the 355.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  8. Cicio

Cicio Karting

Apr 14, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Nathan Cicio
    Jeff really knows these cars and comes with legit race winning heritage under his belt. I think this project is very awesome for the 355 community.

mclaudio and ShineKen like this.