Body shops in western mass | FerrariChat

Body shops in western mass

Discussion in 'New England' started by jjtjr, May 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I'm looking to see if there are any reputable body shops in western mass? I need ding/rock chip repairs and can't seem find a Ferrari-friendly shop.

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    I have had work done by musante in Windsor ct, but they outsource the body work.

there’s a restoration place in enfield CT that does classic cars. I have a friend who built a rogue classic truck there.

3. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Thanks for the leads. I didn't realize just how hard body shops got hit because of covid, but it seems like every shop I call they are desperate for manpower and cannot commit to booking new work. I did end up finding a shop 3 hours north of my house that does Ferraris and I think I have it lined up, but even he said he went from a 9 man shop down to a 3 man shop. WTF is going on with this country??? Thanks again.

ronfrohock likes this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    who is 3 hours north? Is it Rpmvt? I bought a 911 from them and they were restoring a vintage Ferrari at the time (like one that might have changed our understanding of Ferrari history).

skilled trades have always been getting harder to find. After Covid it’s been brutal. No one wants to learn to build and make things.

5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    John, I would suggest either www.rpmvt.com or www.donovanmotorcars.com I dealt with rpm a lot when I had my Ferrari and they were great to work with. I haven't dealt with Donovan personally but have seen their work and it is top notch and have heard good things about them, I think they may be closer for you.

6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Tony at BodyWorks in East Lomgmeadow is top notch….He has done work for me on numerous occasions. They put my exhaust on my Lusso and are well known on the area….I live in Longmeadow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Thanks a bunch for the help. I contacted RPM and they suggested I bring the car to a shop in South Burlington, the name of the shop is The Auto Shoppe. I spoke with the owner and they do mostly Porches and some Ferraris and they use both PPG and Glasurit paints. I made an appointment and will get it up to him in June. Right now it is very hard to get an appointment on most shops due to the lack of help.

8. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sounds good. That’s a long way for a ding/ rock chip….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    It's not easy in this part of Vermont.

10. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    You know those Ferrari guys are....

11. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Nothing is. Just high taxes

12. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    Tony worked on an Audi A7 for me. He’s very good.

13. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Just an update on body shops here in western NE. I took my car up to the Autoshoppe in South Burlington and left it with Corey to take care of some touchup paintwork and to fix a ding. Can't say enough good things about them, they were very professional and their work was second to none. They also were able to get the car done in less than a week. If anyone needs some work done in this area, I would highly recommend them.