Anybody interested in a 2001 E55? | FerrariChat

Anybody interested in a 2001 E55?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Texas Forever, Mar 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Dr "no BS" Tax.....

I just love your ad text....!!!

"This is a real car. I am a real seller. I just hope that you are a real buyer"

Can I use this line ???......heh.

3. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Sure feel free, we'll see how well it works. The problem with Ebay is that the majority of bidders are drunk, on crack, or under 18. Did you see my last line about don't even try to beat down the price? My first email was some crackhead asking if I'd take $36k. Man, I am glad that I don't have to do this for a living!

DrTax

4. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    CRAP!
    I wish I wasn't getting ready to start building my house! :(

Dave

5. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Dr.

Nice Add BTW - Clear - Direct - Honest... I am betting you will get around 45K...

I will check with a few friends to see if they may be interested as well.

Rich

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I possibly might be interested in your car ?

The only problem I have is the original front license plate.

I had a few questions and comments.

~

It ruins the beauty of the car. It needs to be ditched.

Are you afraid of getting pulled over with no front plate;
    or possibly a cop who has 20/20 vision who might recognize
    a fake front bent plate ?

Remember I am the person who only drives a car with no front
    plate. Even my Corolla (5-speed) no rice ~ no wing has no
    front plate. It ruins the beauty of the car. It also increases
    aerodynamic drag.

Ciao.
    Just a few more days until 15 April.

7. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Well, you could frame this in. Maybe in your Den?

8. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks and please do. It's a great car. Only reason that I'm selling is that I just brought a 2002 Porsche TT. I'm a sick man. Sick, sick, sick.

9. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ralph, for you anything. Want me to paint it white with a a wing?

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    hey there, that was unexpected! You were asking questions about C4's and then *poof* there you go! ;-) When did you buy it?

11. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Dr. Tax.

You see that is "typical" Ferrari snob behavior. Dr Tax has intimated that I only purchase performance cars with a wing. Where is Allan ? I noticed you also saved my response for last. Typical behavior ?

And to think I was only being nice. I wanted to make sure your advertisement for the E 55 would go to the top of the "off topic" section. This might enable you to sell the car FASTER. It would also enable you to get off the hook faster with your better half; if you were in trouble ? See you have to ask the gold chain crowd for advice. Luigi and I are an Ace at letting them down easy. If you would have asked us for advice you might be cruising the hot dog stand in a new 04 Carrera GT.

12. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    My humble apologies, oh winged one. In my desperation, I have neglected to turn to those who I love in my hour of need. Please, I'll take any advice you have to offer. Sleeping with the da dogs is no fun. Hey, quit scratching you mangy hound... Oh man! Have you got gas problems!

13. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Why don't you give the car to your son? That way, the E stays in the family and you can enjoy the TT :)

14. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Congrats on the car. Fast car. Works on the track also.

Congratulations. Ding ding ding.

15. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

It's a long story. You see, my bidness partner picked up a grey/black 2001 Porsche TT at the Ferrari dealership that only had 1,600 miles. But he decided that he didn't like it. (He also has a 360) I wasn't interested because I needed to have a Tip to be cool with the better half. PLus, I don't care for Grey...

But then the pusher man at the Porsche dealership got this Yellow 2002 TT with a Tip on a trade. The car has 25k miles, but is in great shape. So, I, uh, well, somehow I ended up being the owner of a Yellow Porsche. Oh crap, you know that you are in trouble when your insurance agent starts talking about fleet discounts.

Surely somebody wants a E55... and then there is this 2001 Porsche C4 that is for sale in Connecticut. Why do I have a Porsche in Yankee land when I live in Texas? Don't ask. Please don't ask...

Dr "Who has way too many cars" Tax

16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ha! I get enough grief as it is because he drives a 1998 MB E320. Get this, he chews me out because it doesn't have CD player. A freaking Mercedes! Holy Guacamole, when I was his age, my daily driver was a motorcycle. My date car was a 1964 VW Bug. Luckily, I didn't have too many dates...

17. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Certainly a lucky kid. But I am sure he is a good kid, maybe for good behavior he can move up to the E55? That way you can just sell the 320. It is however funny that the Mercedes does not have a CD player. :D

My first car was a 1991 Honda civic hatchback. 4 forward gears, 62hp, no tach, ,13 inch tires, blue vinyl seats. Bought it with my own money in 1997, as a sophomore in high school.

Oh by the way, want to adopt me? I don't need food, or any cars. I will glady wash all your cars and detail them, in return for shelter (hide a bed will do). :D

18. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I'll give you 60k for both?

19. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Dale, just know that if you EVER need anyone to go down to CT and say, take the C4 for an oil change, tire rotation, or a weekend in the Berkshires you just let me know there buddy!

20. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    AARRRGGGGG, looky loos!

Just kidding.

$60k for both... hmmm...

21. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Tell you what. I'll make you a deal. Just for you. You can have the Porsche, but I get a 10% override on your compensation for, say, the first 10 years after you get out of law school. Howza bout dem apples, eh?

BTW, aren't you stuck up in the frozen tundra?

22. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Dr. Tax,

Looks like you will be the new owner of an Enzo soon. :D Yellow or Red, sir?

23. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yes, I am still stuck. The funny thing is that they cannot prevent Canadian citizens from entering the US, until they marry an American. Then you are not allow in without visa status of some sort - because I finished the residency process last April I actually had no tangible visa status and thus was supposed to buy a $110 permit to leave. Of course, I was supposed to be a permanent resident by July, but no one takes the blame for bungling on the gov't's part. But my offer's good as soon as I get home!

I assume that you've heard that there are finance companies that actually lend for college students with those terms? Crazy. Actually, law students can get private lines of credit from banks, I've seen ones offering lines until you have a $125k-150k total debt burden. For those who can't get gov't loans for whatever reason.

Banker: Hmm... let's see. This year you charged $14,000 in rent, $2000 in insurance, $2000 in food and $58,000 for a Porsche 911.

Me: Yes. - blank stare -

Banker: Uh, don't you see a problem here?... With your spending habits?

Me: Yeah, I know. This year I'm only going to eat $1000 in food!