Moving to Appleton | FerrariChat

Moving to Appleton

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by slm, Apr 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    We are moving to Appleton in a few weeks. Was wondering if I could get some assistance:

Any local car events, rallies, cars and coffee?

Is there an active Ferrari club, Porsche club?

Good place to service vintage cars?

I am going to be renting until we can find a house so garage space will be challenging. Any places for high end car storage?

GuyIncognito likes this.
  2. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    You'll be an hour from Road America! On top of autosports central they have a few events each year that are close to going to vintage car heaven.

Weathertech international challenge in July is an absolute must. Everyone brings out the toys that weekend. If its awesome and on 4 wheels its there or parked on the street somewhere in town.

JohnnyRay and slm like this.
  3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    big move! new gig or retirement?

as to car storage, maybe try Throttle Stop https://www.throttlestop.com/storage

they're in Elkhart Lake so a bit of a hike but close to Road America, if that floats your boat

slm likes this.
  4. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    New gig. Old gig going from bad to worse to…

Saw some stuff on Throttle stop. Too far away. I am going to want easy access to the toys.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  5. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Motion Products in Neenah might be able to answer some of your questions.
    I think you're going to have to go to Milwaukee or Madison areas for car get togethers.

020147 likes this.
  6. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Surprised you're giving up LOTO area ...

MDS

7. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    My practice partner has had a beautiful home at LOTO for some time and absolutely loves it theee. He quit a few months before I did ad is now full time at the hospital there at the lake. Out of respect to him I will not share my opinion of LOTO.:rolleyes::eek:

GuyIncognito likes this.
  8. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    Al at GT Motorsports is a great guy for vintage service! Motion Products will be MUCH closer to you and is also a wonderful shop. Most events are more in the Milwaukee area. How many cars do you need to store?

slm likes this.
  9. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    The family is moving in stages. I start work June 1. Rest of family comes over the next year or less. No house yet. I am renting a place with 2 underground spots so am bring two cars up now. Will need to store up to 3 over the winter months - depending on garage situation with whatever home we may buy. Was definitely going to look into Motion Products.

10. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Not afraid to do day trips into northern WI or UP. Any ideas for routes would be appreciated. Will be spending a fair amount of time at our place in Door Co so do have that area covered.

11. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    The facebook group supercar414 in Milwaukee is about it for exotic car stuff outside of vehicle specific clubs like the Wisconsin FCA branch

020147 and slm like this.
  12. VelocityTexas

VelocityTexas Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2019
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    A lot of good curvy roads in northern Wisconsin. Look for Rustic Roads on the map. Vilas county has several.

JohnnyRay and slm like this.