Quattroruote 1/24 diecast model collection | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Quattroruote 1/24 diecast model collection

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by F1tommy, Jul 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    Last addition to my rally collection: Peugeot 504 V6 Coupé, 1978 Safari Rally winner. Jean-Pierre Nicolas, one of the French Alpine musketeers from the early 70’s, had a late career highlight in 1978: First, he won the Rally Monte Carlo in a Porsche 911, later in the year he achieved two victories on African ground with the Peugeot 504 V6 Coupé: the Bandama Rally (Ivory Coast) and the famous Safari Rally (Kenya) – which is our model :

Very good proportions, with all the typical Safari extras of the time (Footsteps on the rear bumper as well as handlebars on the trunk lid for the co-driver to get more weight onto the RWD axle in case of muddy ground), also the two additional high-beam lamps mounted directly besides the windshield and the various mud-flaps. Nice interior details like the two cooling fans mounted on the dashboard and the two spare wheels where the backseat normally used to be.

Markings look excellent too, one seems to be missing behind the doors on both sides of the body (“555” , a tobacco decal) – I’m not quite sure if it was there during the rally – all photos I’ve seen show a very dirty, muddy car whre you cannot notice anything. The (restored) car in the Peugeot museum does NOT show this decal, anyway - a very good model of a seldom seen rally classic.

On to the pics: Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here is a photo (during a test drive? Before the start? Look at the license plate = fake) with that decals applied (from the Internet):
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F1tommy and kubakozal like this.
  2. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Next 2 1/24th Hachette F1 models. FPPM did the 312T4 and is doing the W196 in 1/24th, but the 1954 Aero car first. Hachette is doing the 1955 short wheelbase W196. So maybe 3 different versions.

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I just received yesterday the 1/24th F1 Tyrrell 006 from Italy and it is almost perfect. How do they do it for such a low price even when made in south Asia? The engineering and research that goes into their 1/24th F1 model has to be expensive, and these are very limited editions.

I have one question, how does Hachette get the details so close and at the same time plastic model companies screw so much up?? Trust me when I say this Tyrrell 006 is better than any 1/24th F1 kit I have seen. KIT does not = good(ok other than the 1/24th Rosso kits :)).

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    By the way, it is interesting to note the 1/43rd F1 collection wich started in 2015 was extended to 230 models when it stopped in 2021. I hope this 1/24th F1 is also extended and we get all the world champions. If we get half the models in 1/24th scale the 1/43rd collection got I will be very happy. What an amazing collection of models.

Here is the 1/43rd Hachette lists. They have almost all the great cars already in 1/43rd and now also have a 1/4rd F1 Ferrari collection started. I collect all marques as I like to see what the F1 competition was doing.

Piano_F1_1-_NEW-SITO-09-08-2021.pdf (centauria.it)

6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Another picture of the 1/24th W07 2016. I could never figure out why Revell of Germany could never figure out to make a good F1 kit. Notice how well Hachette does the pickup points for the front suspension. Remember the garbage that took a whole tube of filler Revell used to give us!!!!
    And the Hachette tires look almost perfectly shaped unlike the old Revell garbage.

As I said before, these models are better than most of the old plastic kits in 1/24th and also 1/20th scale.

Rosey and kubakozal like this.
  9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  10. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  11. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner

They only make Niki's car.

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I already have the 1/24th Ferrari 312T Hachette today. It will make a real nice model after I fill the scoop mold line and detail the cockpit and suspension/engine. Decals are easy to find in 1/24th scale for this car.

14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Next Hachette 1/24th rally car... By the way the 312T is supposed to be the 1975 Monaco winner I believe. The wing end plates they used are practice only. The early race wing endplates are slightly bigger. The rain tires are for early race only as they went to slicks after it stopped raining.

15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    scudetto1959 likes this.
  16. humberto rosario

humberto rosario Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    macau, china
    Full Name:
    humberto rosario
    yap, dismantle and rebuilt.

17. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  18. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    scudetto1959 likes this.
  19. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    From reliable sources, next year Hachette will be released a series of all Ferrari Formula 1 in 1/24 (they will be the most important cars making up 60 models).

rei24 and humberto rosario like this.
  20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Also rumors of an extension to from 60 to 80 1/24th F1 cars in the F1 champion collection. I guess they are doing pretty well. Get them when you can off ebay Italy and sometimes France or if you are lucky enough to live in Italy from the newstand store.

21. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    Just received the White Box release of Ixo/Hachette's Lancia Stratos HF. As with the Excort RS 1800, it is the definitive rally version with all spoilers and flares homologated during 1975, also with the additionary light pod. Missing are only the mud flaps and roof antenna. Very nice model, anyway - here are some pictures (with the right set of decals and a little detail painting, this can easily be turned into Bernard Darniche's winning car of the Tour de Corse 1975):

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer likes this.
  22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Nice Stratos. I have 4 of the Ixo and Hachette race Stratos models and the only thing I don't like are the rear wheels wich don't have the correct step.

More news from Hachette, the next two releases for the 1/24th F1 series..... I was hoping they would dop more Brabham's!! We already knew about the FW14.

23. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  24. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Rosey likes this.
  25. scudetto1959

scudetto1959 Karting

May 4, 2012
    Another welcome addition to my WRC collection: this time it is the Alitalia-sponsored Fiat 131 Abarth rally (sold under the IXO name), which took 2nd place with Markku Alén at the 1978 Acropolis rally in Greece behind team-mate Walter Röhrl. Markku did win the FIA Cup for Drivers in 1978, the precursor to the World Championship for Drivers established in 1979.
    This is the earlier version of the 131, and it shows some noticeable differences to the white and blue 1980 Monte Carlo winner issued earlier in the Hachette series: the rear panel with license plate and rear lights is totally different, the rear wheels are wider than the front, it has also lesser additional lights.
    Anyway, a good model, only the green looks almost too dark for me - but its biggest mistake is the name on the back -. the logo reads "132" which was a totally different car, a roomy, comfortable family sedan. I noticed that when looking at my photos - here they are:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer, kubakozal and F1tommy like this.