Gorilla Glass 575 SA Roof | FerrariChat

Gorilla Glass 575 SA Roof

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by dsd, May 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
  2. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That is super cool

3. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    This could help boost the values of the SA F1 cars.

4. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I was thinking something similar. If I has an SA, I’d grab one even at 10k. If this is a real viable glass alternative (gorilla glass is awesome) it could be a real saver.

ralfabco likes this.
  5. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Some listing information for posterity:
    “This is a custom made replacement glass roof for the Ferrari 575 Superamerica. The factory glass roofs have been known to delaminate and crack over time and are very expensive (if even available) to replace with original Ferrari glass. So as an available and much cheaper alternative, tjese were made by a glass manufacturer here in the U.S. Digitally measured and produced as an exact match to the original Ferrari roof - and made of strong, durable, and long lasting Gorilla glass.
    It fits perfectly and has been installed on 2 local cars here in Florida. They have been on the vehicles for over a year now with no issues. A run of 5 were made with the original, 3 more are remaining. Now that we are sure they are a suitable and worthy factory replacement, we have decided to sell the remainder to the open market. It is uncertain whether more will be produced after these are sold. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or if you would like to come see them in person.
    WE CAN ARRANGE PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION FOR YOU, ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. !!”

Seller : Floridaperformancecars

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Remove the factory glass and save under climate controlled conditions for posterity. When storing
    - observe the humidity, temp, density altitude, sunlight, and rotation of the Earth.

Replace immediately with aftermarket glass.

7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Exactly! It was a long day and I appreciate the chuckle you gave me! Thx - E

ralfabco likes this.