Ferrari ROMA | Page 196 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dbops618

Dbops618 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2017
    florida
    Full Name:
    D. Hernandez
    any differene between the 22 and the 23? besides a price jump perhaps

2. PhoneClip

PhoneClip Karting

Oct 19, 2021
    I have a few questions about the privacy windows option.

1. Does anyone have experience with the privacy windows? Love it / hate it?
    2. What is the difference between the tinted and laminated versions?
    3. Is it installed at the factory or by the dealership?
    4. Is this something better done by a 3rd party?

I've included the description below:

PRIVACY WINDOWS The rear side windows and the rear window, which come standard in transparent glass, can be requested in tinted or laminated versions. In that event, the lines of the defrosting system will no longer be visible on the rear window, leaving the surface with a cleaner look. Privacy laminated windows (Modis Code PRG1)

3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Joe M, Senad, Maggio23 and 11 others like this.
  4. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Coastal Georgia and Coastal Maine
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Dcmetro -

Either you are a mind-reader or you read in another thread that I want to spec the Roma in Grigio Ingrid.

Great picture and thank you for posting. I especially like these as they show the shield on Grigio Ingrid which I have not seen before and I think it looks quite nice.

I know it may seem sacrilege to many of the long time Ferrari owners and enthusiasts, but I may spec the Roma with the shield.

dcmetro likes this.
  5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #4880 dcmetro, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
    I wasn't aware of your intention, but I'm absolutely glad you're enjoying the pics

An Ingrid Roma is pure elegance IMO, you will love it. For the shields they cannot be a sacrilege since they are a part of the Ferrari identity

Don't hesitate to post picture once you get it :)

Some more for you
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    @dcmetro -

Thank you very much for the additional pictures. Do you happen to know the color of the leather and rug in the pictures?

My SA was recommending a light colored interior with the Grigio Ingrid, but I want a darker color as long as the colors compliment each other.

7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    You're welcome !

For the interior, I'd say cioccolato but I'm not sure @tomc What do you think ?

Lunch Bag likes this.
  8. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Could it be Iroko?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I agree with the iroko proposal, but the Ferrari brown interiors can easily look like one another based on the camera & lighting specifics.

For what it's worth, there was a GI/cioccolato Porto for sale about a year ago and it was to my eyes a great color combo.

T

dcmetro and Lunch Bag like this.
  10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I sure do like the color combo…

Lunch Bag likes this.
  11. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    I am looking at a used Roma, options listed below, and it doesn't seem to have any of the adas options. Does that mean no rear camera at all? Could some things be added on by dealer? Like surround view? Or back radar?

Options include: External Color Nero Daytona, Internal Color Nero, Carpets Color Nero, Matt Grigio Corsa STD Wheels, Black Brake Calipers, Michelin Tires, Scuderia Ferrari Shields, Sport Exhaust Pipes Matt Black, Magneride Dual Mode Suspension, Colored Special Stitching Filo Speciale Grigio Chiaro, Front + Rear Seats Daytona Style, Ventilated Full Electric Seats, Horse Stitched on Headrest Grigio Chiaro, Foldable Rear Seats Backrest, High Power HIFI System, Apple Carplay, Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + LEDS.

12. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    ADAS options (at least the front one) is terrible, looks like a big black box spoiling the smooth lines on the front of the car, very visible to me and would never spec it. ADAS however is completely separate to parking camera options but unfortunately from the spec above this one doesn't have any parking camera options. In the UK, standard spec includes front and rear parking sensors only, rear parking camera or surround view are optional extras and imo having opted for surround view on mine, completely essential if you're planning on EVER parking in a multi-storey car park given the high kerbs and tight angles in a lot of them.

Dealer may be able to add on but suspect it might be tricky/expensive given they all need to feed into the dashboard which is where the images from cameras display.

tomc likes this.
  13. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    @Dsald -

All cars sold in the U.S. after May 1, 2018 must have a back up camera installed, so if you are in the U.S. the Roma you are looking at has it.

14. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    Joe M likes this.
  15. The128pin

The128pin Rookie

Mar 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Peter Drucker

Jesus this is a perfect spec. What a beauty.

RamsHmb and dcmetro like this.
  16. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    I posted the Roma price list a few months ago on this thread. Look through my posts and you should find it and be able to calculate the cost for the spec you have listed. The price list is from 2021 so current prices might be a bit higher.

Here is the post....
    Ferrari ROMA

Dsald likes this.
  17. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
  18. Miki011

Miki011 Rookie

Apr 1, 2022
    Guys I need your help!

I am shopping for a ROMA and found one in Germany. Went to see it in person, the dealer said the following :

1st registration Nov. 2021.
    7,000 kilometers
    Warranty 36 months, from Nov 2021

I asked who put on so many kilometers, dealer said the owner uses it as a daily driver.

So we agree on the price (gives me a 5k eur discount, from 260k to 255k) and i forward the contact to my local car dealer whose job is to import the car from Germany.

They exchange documentation and everything looks fine when i notice the serial number is pretty low compared to 2021/2 production year models
    so i ask just to double check and that is when new info comes in -

2020 production year
    Car was a demo vehicle in the ferrari dealership until March 2022, with 5,000km put on. The owner of the other dealership put on another 2,000km.

Any ideas what is going on here, this is my first ferrari so will any of this have an impact on resale value if I decide this car is not for me? Should I ask for a better discount?

EDIT: Brand new Roma's are selling for 275k with the same specs, so 20k difference in price.

19. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    If it were me, I would pass on this demo car and just order new. It will be a wait, but it will be new and you won't have to worry about what has been done to it prior to your ownership.

Soleith and Miki011 like this.
  20. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    So for a 20K saving, you would have to be willing to deal with a clearly dishonest seller. This would be a dealbreaker for me. Probably there is more dishonesty you have yet to discover on this car. I understand the dealer is not "your" dealer but I would refuse to do business with them.

If it is not too late to get an order in, I think you should spec the car you want and wait.

Besides, a Ferrari wait is a great experience (though a bit hard to describe - you kind of have to do it to understand why people like it).

RamsHmb, Soleith, Miki011 and 2 others like this.
  21. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I concur with this.

Miki011 likes this.
  22. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Miki, this dealer and the whole deal stinks. First: I would ask the German dealer why a 2020 car was registered in 2021. Even a demo car has to be registered and insured. Theoretically it could have been produced in december 2020 and registered in jan 2021 but this one was registered in november. Fishy. Lot of dealers do not like registering their cars in december as it makes the car "a year" older. Secondly, demo cars, especially Ferraris, tend to be driven somewhat idiotically: cold engine and still see what it is like at 7000 revs. Thirdly, once the sale is complete you will have no recourse to the German dealer if anything else is wrong. Most important is what will give you peace of mind: a new car specced out to your wishes or 20k extra in the bank. Downside is the long wait but you could also buy a ten year old Cali and sell it again for almost the same price when your brand new Roma arrives. Difficult decision, I admit. good luck

Senad and Miki011 like this.
  23. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    Miki011, the sale of a dealer demo adds the factors of usage from demo customers. Date of manufacture and date of first registration commonly differ. In the case of a factory demo car, the gap between production and first registration may be longer than for other cars sold. I don't see what country you are from, but in the US there also is the complication of model year (e.g., my special order 2011 BMW 528 was made in May 2020 and delivered new to me in June 2010). I looked at a 2015 model year Cali T made in September 2014 which had been used as a demo car, it seemed pretty good overall and had accumulated 9,000 miles before first registration. The price on the car was a few grand below non-demo cars with similar build dates. I ended up getting a 2016 Cali T and was pleased in the end though the wait was not as long as what I hear now. I would suspect a car delivered two years from now would not carry the same price you mention in addition to whatever turns out to be the wait time missing the joy of driving the Roma.

Miki011 likes this.
  24. jasuper

jasuper Karting

Jun 24, 2015
    Chicago
    May be even slightly more. I have a similar spec and ended up at $348k. I did have Rosso Fiorano which is extra expense. Believe Blu Roma may be a standard color? I also had little things here and there like colored belts, carbon on the tunnel, etc. but think you are close in your estimate.

25. Dsald

Dsald Karting

Mar 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Chris Johnson
    Thanks, yes, after using the price sheet I am getting to $355K with delivery added. Delivery goes into MSRP correct?