F8 - Engine Control System Failure (CEL) | FerrariChat

F8 Engine Control System Failure (CEL)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Glenn Quagmire, Jul 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Curious if anyone else has had this issue with their F8? Just occurred to mine today, with 3,000 miles on the clock. Car will go in for service next week.

2. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Many of these cars to include mine,we’re not a tender during the shipping process and the long wait before they arrived at the dealer. Just replaced mine at 50 percent charge. Has your F8 been on a battery tender when it’s not driven? Most likely a battery issue. Several threads on the issue.

Chizz likes this.
  3. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Good to know. Although when not stored in the Winter (while on the tender), it’s driven every couple days. It was driven today, then parked for a few hours. After getting back in and driving about 10 minutes, the CEL appeared.

4. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Mine would drive but the suspension control failure warning came on followed by the start/stop warning take to dealer. Your dealer will diagnose. Let’s us know the end result.

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  5. Brian Sadler

Brian Sadler Rookie

Sep 23, 2020
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Brin Sadler
    I guess this code has claimed another victim. What did you guys find out as the cause? Super bummed, mine is only 1 month old and 500 miles

6. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Most likely a battery issue from the point of conveyance to the final shipping point without being on a charger. Your service advisor should be able to diagnose the issue.

7. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    90% chance it’s just the battery. Don’t be bummed yet.

Chizz, Napoli and Viperjoe like this.
  8. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

9. Brian Sadler

Brian Sadler Rookie

Sep 23, 2020
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Brin Sadler
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    IMO its the battery. These cars need to be on the tender. By the time the car gets to you its been weeks if not months not connected to the tender. The car will kill the battery.

IMO all new cars before handed over should have a new battery installed. PERIOD

11. EDU09

EDU09 Rookie

May 16, 2022
    Lake City, FL
    Full Name:
    EDUARDO SANDOVAL
    had the same issue after my battery went dead (only 5 days without driving it and no tender) also got the "electrical system failure" light, have the car now with the tender but bought a new battery because the stock one sucks, dealer will install the new battery and remove these lights, advisor said he is almost sure it is related to the dead battery issue

MANDALAY likes this.