SF 90 XX | FerrariChat

SF 90 XX

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by FerrariFR33458, May 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Check out the special version SF90s

PaganiHuyara and SoCal to az like this.
  2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. PaganiHuyara

PaganiHuyara Rookie
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Aug 31, 2021
    Very nice! It'll be good to get confirmation of it's technical specifications! Thank You!

4. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    My dealer told me it will not exist a VS of the SF90, but rumours lately point otherwise, anyone has further knowledge?

5. Alex_Spider

Alex_Spider Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    Heard the same thing, they do not have any information.

The ironic part, ferrari will introduce new product after new product, 2 years out for production, but fails to meet current deliveries.

6. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Lambo Mac might be pushing Ferrari to another level - SF90 two years of production left makes room for another level of performance if it's true.
    Not so sure about failing to meet current deliveries - they had a double digit growth in 2021 vs 2020.
    Higher demand is good for all but for those late to the party.

7. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Watched a recent UK review of SF90. Front & rear motors have far more power than battery can support. So plenty of room to dial this up.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

D11 likes this.
  8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Indeed. I'm sure they can squeeze a bit from the ICE too. I suspect that this was designed so that what ever "evo" version would with what ever replaces the Aventador and what ever new V8 hybrid McLaren will put out at some stage.

What ever this is, who knows. Maybe it has to do with the La F replacement?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
  10. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    But what's a VS worthy performance level.... Can't be below 1200 hp in my view

Ale55andr0 likes this.
  11. A$$ETTO

A$$ETTO Rookie

Feb 28, 2022
    Australia
    With 1200HP, AWD torque vectoring, less weight and even more downforce, this will need to be classified as a hypercar.

D11 likes this.
  12. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    A worthy model variation would be deleting front motor and give front more freedom of camber and toe.

It would be lighter and more nimble for sure.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Who knows. 350-400 hp from the motors and 900 from the ICE. It has the potential to be a monster.

14. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    The Evo article implies that the electric motors have the capability to produce 365 hp, which would equate to 1134 total hp.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Doubt they would turn those up without turning the ICE up as well.

16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I do not believe the issue with the SF90 is lack of power. Those who are not believers has nothing to do with speed but rather are seeking immersive, compelling driving dynamics.

Gh21631, BarryK, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I am one of those who believes power is never an negative so long as it does not compromise the driving dynamics and over all capabilities. Once a super car has more than 700 HP, weight, chassis rigidity, steering precision and feel, and connectivity between car and driver must be given precedence. When these parameters are met, an extra scoop of ice cream will not hurt.

18. LuxRes

LuxRes Karting

Feb 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    Fred Lloyd
    The SF90 is simply not designed for you (which was a brilliant business decision) as not appealing to your personal preference of "immersive and compelling driving dynamics" is not hurting its sales.

All of the reviewers that want the SF90 to be something it is not are really missing the point. The definition of what makes a compelling driving experience is constantly changing.

Give a 765 or Pista to many of the enthusiasts in the classic section in this forum and their perception of compelling won't be the same as yours. Many will label a 765 and Pista boring and view them as a complete failure. To them a 765 is no different than a SF90 (nothing more than ego horsepower and a computer on wheels).

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11, cesman and mayer like this.
  19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Uh…no…a bonafide enthusiast would never label the 765LT as boring…

20. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Ferrari sells out every model they make. Sales are never an issue or an indication of the capabilities of the cars.Super cars are all special but personal preferences will determine which one is favored or purchased. I cannot think of a super car manufacturered in the last decade that is not stellar. With that in mind, it is unfathonable that any knowledgeable, seasoned car enthusiast who has driving experience with the 765 or Pista, or STO, or Porsche GT2/RS who will label them as " boring and view them as a complete failure."

Caeruleus11, LMH and Thecadster like this.
  21. LuxRes

LuxRes Karting

Feb 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    Fred Lloyd

It is all personal preference and perspective but there is no doubt that what defines a compelling driving experience is constantly changing and evolving.

For many a compelling driving experience requires three pedals, no computers and a light/nimble car. Based on these three factors even a relatively heavy Austin Healey 3000 is much more engaging to drive at speed than a 765, Pista, STO or GT2/RS. To many fast and engaging aren't the same thing. Heck there are members on this forum that believe anti-lock brakes ruined driving engagement. Different people, different era and different type of engagement.

We are now transitioning to a new era and the definition of compelling driving experience is also evolving - Pista to SF90 to BEV. In ten years, I'm sure many Pista owners will find the SF90 much more engaging than the SF90 EV replacement. While a number of diehard ICE enthusiasts will end up preferring the SF90 EV.

Customer preferences are constantly evolving so our perception on what offers a compelling driving experience today - is personal and not necessarily universal. For many the SF90 is more compelling than a Pista.

Even the term enthusiast has changed and continues to evolve. So who is a bonafide or knowledgeable enthusiasts now?

Initially the term enthusiast did not include ownership, it only described those that had exceptional technical knowledge of cars - (usually gained through actually working on cars or modifying their own car) or someone who was actively involved in some type of motorsports.

The term enthusiasts has only recently evolved to include non-technical owners. Many years ago if you owned a F40 but didn't know who manufactured the turbo you were classified a "boy racer" and weren't considered an enthusiast. Now you just pay to play. The times keep on changing and Ferrari continues to change with them. Nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Andynyc, Gh21631, JJ77 and 3 others like this.
  22. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I have a crazy idea, why not judge each car as an individual offering based on their own unique experience and character, idiosyncrasies etc. and accept them for their own individuality, if the car doesn’t offer the experience you are seeking move on to the one which does because this car doesn’t mean it’s terrible it just means it is not what you personally enjoy, how difficult is to grasp this concept?

Why blend them all in one pot compare one with the other and expect them to emulate each other and act disappointed when that doesn’t happen, they are meant to be individual and differ from each other, it’s a USP, this mod of thinking is akin to taking a camel to a horse race and complaining the camel doesn’t behave like a horse.

TLDR: accept the different personalities of each model/manufacturer and buy the one you enjoy most and suits your own circumstances.

Lukeylikey and LuxRes like this.
  23. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I like this response, especially the first sentence. Across our garage we have all sorts. I love the immaculate and perfect-to-drive Testarossa 512M we have. There is just something about driving it that I get a buzz out of. Its look stop me in my tracks whenever I open the garage and the beautiful open-gate change is lovely to use. Three-pedal operation and heel-and-toe changes mated to the thrilling flat 12 engine are wonderful.

But as a driving tool the SF90 is on another level. The older cars are nostalgic and linked to a golden age, reminding me of what was unattainable when I was younger. They need a good driving technique simply to save embarrassment! Sometimes I head to the garage with not a thought of the SF90, only one car on my mind - the Testarossa. What a car, I love it. It’s not in any way the better driving tool though. Some would no doubt consider that controversial and it does, of course, depend what you value in a driving experience. But as LuxRes said, that can change with time. The relentless instantaneous-ness of the SF90 is something incredible. You also need good technique to save embarrassment and get a good experience from it. The suspension is light years ahead and it does make a difference, the solidity, the chassis development, the weight balance, the tyre technology, the response and the eyes-on-storks engagement needed to drive it fast, well. It is a truly amazing experience and if I had to choose a car to attack a fast or mountain road, the old car doesn’t feature.

Which is better? Stupid question that doesn’t warrant an answer. Because there isn’t one. Like most of the comparisons we talk about.

24. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #24 cesman, May 16, 2022
    Last edited: May 16, 2022
    I don’t get the general dislike from journalists (although these are the same people who go on about manual shifters). The SF90 is nothing short of awesome. I have a Pista too but the SF90 is incredible. The level of grip that comes from the front motors is staggering and let’s not forget LMP1 cars have had this torque vectoring for years. The more I drive it the more I enjoy it. My only gripe is the lack of luggage space - but you can work around that.

Btw back onto this thread I can’t understand the need for a VS. The SF is so bloody fast and speed barely usable on the road - not sure it needs more. In Monaco this weekend they were actioning a LaF prototype which was actually a modified 458. Who knows if this SF being tested is actually destined for an SF rather than a LaF replacement…

JJ77, Rrr1, Cocoloco and 2 others like this.
  25. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    Absolutely… had a Pista, got rid 2 weeks after my Assetto Fiorano SF90 turned up.. Pista became obsolete.. but would state I don’t get the SF90 without Assetto Fiorano Option, wouldn’t have changed my Pista for a Non Assetto Fiorano Car, would have suffered with the Lithium Battery PITA. I still don’t get the issue of the Suspension Lifter problem that means you order the Standard car. The ground clearance on a Assetto Fiorano SF90 is fine..

cesman likes this.