FF with EPB failure | FerrariChat

FF with EPB failure

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by George J Cost, May 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George J Cost

George J Cost Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 7, 2020
    Jax Florida
    Full Name:
    George J Cost
    So I put a new head unit in the 2015 FF, and I got an EPB failure and NOT PROGRAMMED code on the dash. I did some research and I put the correct Can Bus in from navteck and it has a new battery that I installed after reading that it could be an electrical issue. So I am now stumped, I saw some post about the brake relay going bad. But I can not find one, so if anyone has any insight please help. Also, the brakes work fine, they are not locked up at all and the car drives perfect.

Thanks

G

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    replace your battery...prob have a bad cell

3. George J Cost

George J Cost Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 7, 2020
    Jax Florida
    Full Name:
    George J Cost
    Brand new battery. Like a week old. Tested it before install.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Unfortunately just because it’s new doesn’t mean it’s bulletproof… Still might have a bad cell… Who I try to charge to full and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    You might do a CCA test, if the cold cranking amps are not at or above spec, the battery must be replaced...it is rare, but I have had that happen before, fresh "off the shelf" and it is below spec, so now I have a CCA testing tool in my cabinet...

6. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    Had this same exactly problem all the time when my battery was borked (coincidentally from a bad headunit install)

Replaced with an antigravity battery and it never happened again. Mind you Li-ion batteries are incredible but the car does throw up a bunch of errors for the first 10-20 seconds because it doesn't send as much juice to start but whatever, never a flat battery again!

7. George J Cost

George J Cost Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 7, 2020
    Jax Florida
    Full Name:
    George J Cost
    So after resetting the EBP calibration we are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.