Emissions testing w/ Novitec 100 cell cats | FerrariChat

Emissions testing w/ Novitec 100 cell cats

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by needoptic, May 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. needoptic

needoptic Rookie

May 16, 2022
    Full Name:
    Aurimas Adomavicius
    Hi forum,

new member, recently purchased a Silverstone Gray 812 and immediate put a stage 2 Novitec exhaust. To my own detriment, didn't believe the installer that the volume increase would be minimal without a swap of cats... and now am looking to go with Stage 3.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Question to the community - what happens when you take the 812 with the 100-cell Novitec catalytic converters to get emissions tested? Are the sport cats as effective as the stock ones, just more free flowing? Thank you!

2. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    They are entirely less restrictive, therefore less "effective." No sure where you live, but I know in SoCal I will be taking off the mods to get a smog check after 8 years.

3. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    Won't pass smog, will pass emissions monitors though (non CA states that even do emissions like NY allow 1 fail)

If you live in CA, save your original equipment and swap for the check and keep on keeping

4. needoptic

needoptic Rookie

May 16, 2022
    Full Name:
    Aurimas Adomavicius
    Thanks all, wonder if owners in IL have had any experiences with the testing centers. Will save the equipment, but would hate to do 10 hours of labor to swap the exhaust system every few years when the testing begins.

5. prits_88

prits_88 Karting

Feb 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Pritesh patel
    I have an FF and went from stock 800 cell, to 200 cell, to 100 cell to Decat.

If you can find a way to get around the emissions testing (find a friendly one) then i would recommend decat.

6. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    100 cell won't pass. There are reports of 200 cell passing.