FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2022 - Barcelona....Qualifying...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2022 - Barcelona....Qualifying...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, May 21, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    the problem with making a direct copy of a car is that it is unlikely to simply work with your own car concept. Even if the entire outside is copied, it won't work necessarily. Alpha Tauri has very similar sidepods to RBR but struggled totally. I think a lot of RBR's performance comes from their suspension layouts as well...

Aston completely copied a Mercedes before and that didn't work out brilliantly for them, either. Some never learn...

Jeronimo GTO, 20000rpm and ingegnere like this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Sorry to disagree,
    He needs to start beating Magnussen.

4. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Especially when they don’t really understand the performance because they didn’t do the design, LOL. Like when Racing Point updated the Merc design themselves they went backwards.

jpalmito likes this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Yes but pretty impressive performance by Kmag…and Haas in general.

Also, Bottas keeping close to HAM as usual, except because they’re not in a dominant car it’s not 1st and 2nd they’re fighting for anymore. ;)

Russell starting to make it habit by outperforming HAM now.

stavura, furoni, Jeronimo GTO and 8 others like this.
  6. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Green Bull sucked magnificently. I guess they didn’t copy enough & likely don’t even understand what the heck they copied lol.

Is that where the month-old new hire Dan Fallows previously from Red Bull comes in? To help them make sense of it all lol.

What a sh!tshow

stavura, furoni, 20000rpm and 2 others like this.
  7. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Come on, the had a horrible car the last few years.
    His supposed better team mate only placed 8th to his 10th.

For me BIG congrats to both Haas drivers and Team on 8th and 10th pole position, likes get them points tomorrow!!!

Terra and ingegnere like this.
  8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The Scuderia said they were experimenting with an aggressive set up in FP2. Didn’t seem concerned (was better in FP3)

ingegnere likes this.
  9. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Just watched the highligths of Quali
    Incredibble to hear the Brit commentators describe in detail what a driver error was Charles spin, just to be shut down by his P1 lap Shamefull

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    7 tenths difference though...and the gap is pretty big throughout the year.

Schumacher does have another year in him at least but if he still can't show much then it'll be game over, sadly.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    So true. I really think the Brit F1 community has been conditioned over the years—by their press and attitude of the more outspoken commentators—to disparage everything that doesn’t originate in the UK.

They may have legitimate reason to think that way but they should be looking over their shoulders a bit as once again today half the cars in the top 10 are “foreign” built.

13. Barrylindon

Barrylindon Karting

Mar 20, 2021
    This Schumacher doesn't seem to have what is needed to be a Ferrari driver.

I think we have a good lineup for a few years, the only guy I would be interested in is Russell who seems really fast.

375+, tifosi12, SimCity3 and 4 others like this.
  14. Barrylindon

Barrylindon Karting

Mar 20, 2021
    Hamilton must be feeling the heat, seeing Russell outperform you with that difference in salary must be hard to swallow. He better gets it together or toto snake wolf will dump him.

stavura, Bas, SimCity3 and 2 others like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Remember, for them Formula One is a British thing.
    And they really never accepted that an Italian became the most important personage in « their » sport.

20000rpm, Jeronimo GTO and ingegnere like this.
  16. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #117 Giallo 550, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    If Leclerc toes the line of driving and overdriving a little better and Ferrari keeps the car competitive, I don’t see how they lose either championship.

I don’t see how Schumacher ever gets a Ferrari seat when he can’t beat Magnussen.

Interesting to see Kid Gorgeous in front of his teammate again, or is it still just luck?

20000rpm, Bas and ingegnere like this.
  17. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    This is where the car cam really gives insight, it’s really cool to hear the feedback and radio messages.

Bas likes this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    And Norris.

Bas and Giallo 550 like this.
  19. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I still believe Gasly is underrated. I think he is worthy of a Ferrari seat, even if it’s not the first one.

20000rpm and ingegnere like this.
  20. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Well, Aston does seem to have made a step. The car was nowhere and the drivers couldn't keep it on the track, now they can at least keep it on the track. I also think they'll need a couple of races to come to grips with it, but no bouncing and it wasn't flying off the track any time they tried to push.

As to similarity to rb, it's the same concept but all the details are different unlike their merc copy.

21. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Just watched quali on dvr

Chuck p1 Max p2. Kudos to Charles for pulling that last lap together after his spin, yet somehow I think Max is quite okay with this arrangement as this is beginning to look and feel quite familiar...

Carlos... well I think we have a clear #1 and #2 at least, but notice how Checo seems to at least be a threat vs Carlos just trying to get it together

Forgive me if this was already discussed, but did we get the upgrades we need to not **** the bed and watch Max blitz past us on the straights and leave us behind? Otherwise again Helen Keller will be able to see what will play out tomorrow if not for mechanical issues with RB

22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Do you see a vacancy there for him in the near future ?

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Poor Nando is about to lose his "Golden Boy" status to George Russell -- as soon as the get over the Hamilton fixation.

24. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I can understand how AM copied MB due to ties with Wolf and MB but how can they copy Redbull? They don’t share data.