FF: The search begins | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FF: The search begins

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 550nitis, Mar 28, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Love your interior. I recall your car selling crazy fast at Ferrari of Austin. That car and the one I recently picked up were my 2 favorite specs I came across at a fair market price. Of course, I’d much rather have pano roof like yours. I had the opportunity to buy my FF 2 years ago, but the person I bought it from beat me to it. He added 8k miles and sold it for more 2 years later…funny how things work sometimes. After searching for 4 years, I’m happy to be able to stop my search. OP don’t give up on your hunt, and I hope you find exactly what you’re looking for. Glws Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

550nitis, Boots, Boomhauer and 6 others like this.
  2. jblaw

jblaw Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2016
    Oh love yours too!!!!

3. jblaw

jblaw Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2016
    I just checked autotrader -- there are only six FFs available under 15k miles and one of them is the custom convertible. Things are tightening up!

andyrichter likes this.
  4. jblaw

jblaw Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2016
    Boots, dustywusty, PTC and 3 others like this.
  5. DavidRS4

DavidRS4 Karting

Oct 12, 2019
    Drive a lusso first, you might like the FF more :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

550nitis and Bundy like this.
  6. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
  7. jblaw

jblaw Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2016
    megamarco9, Bundy and andyrichter like this.
  8. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
  9. jblaw

jblaw Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2016
    I was! Did you like the show?

10. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    I didn't have mine ready with the seasuckers or I'd have been parked right next to ya haha

jblaw likes this.
  11. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
  12. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Yes. Been searching and know I need to be patient. But I did find one with a grey (love the silver / grey ) color and a light tan interior two tone.
    The only thing is that it doesn't have the rear wiper or the lift kit. I'm thinking these aren't so important and have read how the lift kits tend to leak?

13. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Rear wiper isn’t the best looking. I’m thinking of removing mine. I have no clearance problems at stock height, but it would be nice to be able to lower the car and use a lifter. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    Lift kit comes in handy in NYC, and man I would KILL for the rear wiper, but it can't be retrofitted without like a whole new liftgate

15. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    I have mine on Novitec springs and have only used the suspension lifter once on an extremely steep incline.

16. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Andy, I remember you asking about mine at least a year ago, I am thrilled that you found one you love...it looks amazing in tdf...I'm loving mine, (Grigio Silverstone w/Cuoio Daytona's) other than annuals I have experienced zero downside and an awesome V12 upside which is still a thrill to enjoy... I recall driving that GT3RS peeking out in your photo while you experienced my FF.... glad that drive reinforced your desire to obtain an FF. Congrats

To the OP, I concur with AR...do not give up the hunt, the FF is an amazing car and yours is out there...!!!

bumcubed, 550nitis and andyrichter like this.
  17. Wazzer

Wazzer Karting

Jun 23, 2020
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Waz
    Living in Michigan I use my rear wiper quite a bit. Happy I have it. I also use the suspension lifter frequently on speed bumps/dips as well as driveway entries. I don’t think they are essential but nice to have if you can get them and use your FF in the rain.

andyrichter likes this.
  18. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Thanks Marco. Yes, driving your car sealed the deal. I will hit you up sometime when there’s another drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

550nitis and megamarco9 like this.
  19. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Funnyyou say that, I drove a Lusso and wasn't as impressed with it as I was the FF. Plus I really like the smooth lines of the FF vs the Lusso.

Bonovox09 and andyrichter like this.
  20. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    So I am in shopping mode. Things I have found out. The new Power 15 warranty is the same as a CPO warranty. They cover the exact same things. But if you get a Main Power 15 warranty, it covers the maintenance also for an additional $400. I was looking at a car from a dealer and they are obviously way more expensive than a private party or a regular used car dealer but in essence you can get any car with a warranty plus maintenance, so the benefit of a cpo car is really not there.

Also what I uncovered was that F dealers place a different price to get your car inspected to get the warranty and they price the warranties differently too. I found that the warranty packages are cheaper in the west coast than the ones here in Texas. In fact the Dallas and Houston F dealers quoted me almost $1200 more than dealers on the west coast. I would have though it would have been the other way around for some reason.

21. Bonovox09

Bonovox09 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 4, 2022
    Concord, MA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Thompson
  22. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    I’m exploring the purchase of a 2012/2013 FF, but nothing available in South Florida yet. And I do not know someone who owns one.

So….how is it possible to test-drive one, to know how it feels, to spend some time inside? On the other hand, a number of California 30s here, easy to learn about the car (which I did and loved). The quest for an FF is not easy…:(

23. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    I also had this issue also as there were no FF in the Houston area. The thing is that the cars drive quite different depending on year and options. What I recommend is finding the car you like, asking the dealer / person for 1. maintenance records. If they don't have records, then you walk away unless this car has an existing CPO or a power 15 warranty from the factory. 2. ensure it has the options that you want. 3. agree on a price. 4 then you jump on a plane and go see it. Ive been searching now for a while, have traveled to go see at least 4 cars (they were all terrible) and still looking although fingers crossed I believe I found the car.

I travel a lot for work and if a vehicle I liked was close I would make an effort to go check it out. Hope that helps.

24. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    I agree with you (records, …). With my budget, only a 2012/2013 FF would be comfortably within my reach (including setting aside $50,000 for repairs/maintenance over the next 10 years), or a Cali30 2013-2014.

Here’s I could see it play: looking at ads (private and F dealers) + inquiring about a car and all its records + if interesting have a PPI done + if the PPI is good possibly traveling to see it. I believe a PPI should be done first before traveling (instead of traveling first and then having a PPI which may show something I do not like).

25. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Sounds solid !