The BORA | Page 49 | FerrariChat

The BORA

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by wbaeumer, Aug 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    #1201 boralogist, Apr 28, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    Apologies Dave.
    Thought truth was an absolute defense!

Stand corrected.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Well, there ya go. Stepped over, reiterating, albeit somewhat cleverly, your prior insult. This time without any need for inference.

one month thread ban.

do it again and you'll get a temp site ban instead.

D

3. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Just for completeness on the final drive ratios discussion. From the owners manual supplement

Attached Files:

boralogist likes this.
  4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    I do not have that Khamsin USA owner's manual supplement posted on my website. Do you mind sending me the complete PDF?

Ivan

ralt72 and boralogist like this.
  5. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    you really need to get a grip, take a chill pill. As I said I knew it was published with the various speeds related to different ratios. It is published in the Ghibli manual which effectively has the same gear ratios as the Khamsin. Again courtesy of Ivan starting on page 20.
    https://thecarnut.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/MUM_Am115Am115-49Ghibli.pdf

Shoot me I’m getting old didn’t remember where I saw it, I’ve owned a Khamsin and Ghibli as well as Bora, Mistral, QPs etc etc totaling 14 and counting.

6. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    i stand corrected, i have the USA supplement somewhere at home as well, I’ve been on the road for the past week just went to Ivan site to look it up.

7. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Does anybody know what is the order of magnitude of the multiplying factor due to centrifugal force at speed, to have an idea of the "theoretical speed" whan at 5500 rpm in 5th gear with the standard 3.31 ratio?

I thought that the ratio was devised not to overrev at max speed, which would be the case indeed if 6000 rpm would be required to reach160 mph...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    BTW please note that the figures published in the Ghibli owners manual for the 3:77 ratio and the numbers published in the USA supplemental Khamsin manual for the 3:77 are the same.

9. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    A little bit of a personal story on this. One year my wife accompanied me in the open road race that takes place in Nevada. We entered our 1990 Infiniti Q45. I though it would be a good idea to drive the 90 mile course the day before and make notes about the turns with mileage indicators. This is a course of mostly long straights an sweeping unbanked turns. This we did @ 70 MPH. What we quickly discovered on race day was that @150 MPH the mileage marks for the notes increasingly became inaccurate and we had to begin estimating where the turns were going to be due to tire expansion. That might sound silly because how can you not see a curve? Sure the big ones are and there was only one section that had those but even the slightest bend in the road, which is not so easy to spot @ 150 mph, can become a big deal at those speeds in a four door sedan. I was surprised by one and had to unexpectedly use the entire road.

10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    375+ and MK1044 like this.
  11. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That's an awful lot of info to look over. Still have the LHM brakes, pedals & driver's seat?

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    How did I know you would be the first to react;-)? Well serious buyers will want that info and no one is obliged to read it. No, as the text says, the LHM brakes and entire LHM system were removed by the person in the UK who initiated the project before Johan bought it and finished it. Now you had your shot, before the next question please do read the text, you have the time.

13. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Touchy much? There's an internet term for this TLDR. Don't take it as a shot though. I did look over the pictures and when I looked at the front trunk it looked like that was clutch master.

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Dear old Bob, no I meant your shot at asking a question, nothing else:).

15. GLB

GLB Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    George Lawrence Brantingham

Froggie likes this.
  16. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    And behold…a white Bora.

I have to admit that I’m not a fan of solid colours on any car really. I’m certain that designers must spend alot of time studying how light plays off different angles of their work.
    Painting in non-metallic then seems to nullify that effort. A prime example being the Tipo 115 Ghibli where the whole nose to tail swage line disappears when the car is in, say Rosso Fuoco.

whilst White/black on this Bora is original, and white/blue I agree is very unusual, I still think there are many better external colours
    which are more flattering.
    What do the professionals think?? Julian!! Where are you??!!

17. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well the red is preferable to the factory blue interior. The blue interior on the Bora currently on BAT is very different and I think actually looks nice but very unoriginal. As for the solid colors on the exterior many people like black. I would never have a black car irrespective of the marque for a lot of reasons but that's not the question you raise. I think color choice is a fascinating and complex topic. I've met a few of the Italian designers over the last 30 years and would loved to have them participate in a forum discussion as to their opinions on the subject. I never thought Maserati's red from the 70's looked good on their cars. It never popped. I saw a Bora repainted from that boring red in a candy apple red and that looked quite sharp. Ferrari and Lamborghini did much better with exterior color though over here 308 red was too common.

wbaeumer, Ferraripilot and Nembo1777 like this.
  18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Seems that is not sold! The estimate was unrealistic....

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    We were very close at the end after reserve got lowered. Now planning next move. We are in talks with a Swiss.
    My other auction car, the Mangusta sold well:)

20. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  21. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
  22. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It was in much nicer condition owned for a long time by the same owner.
    Way nicer than my Espada at the moment. Mine will need a paint job.

23. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    We do not talk De Tomaso here...(I know that you like to promote yourself....)

24. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005