Ferrari 360 valuation | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 valuation

Discussion in '360/430' started by Hutch526, May 25, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hutch526

Hutch526 Rookie

May 17, 2022
    Uk
    Full Name:
    John hutchison
    So a quick question to my U S friends...

I have recently bought a euro spec left hand drive 360 in the UK. However I'm not 100% sure I want to keep and run a left hand drive while in the UK and while the milage is low it may be worth moving it and replacing with a right hand drive.
    So my question is... what would the approx value of my 360 be in the USA? It is Silver, almost immaculate and has 8,900km or 5,500 miles on it. It has not seen or been driven in the wet and spent a chunk of its life indoors as part of a collection.
    I'm not sure I'd sell it to the UK as LHDs arent really sort after, but in Europe or the USA it would be worth fair value. Obviously excluding shipping and taxes etc.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Thank you for your post John. As a reminder, if you do choose to sell you'd need to put it in the classifieds section - this thread would only be for price discussions. Thanks!

E60 M5 likes this.
  3. Hutch526

Hutch526 Rookie

May 17, 2022
    Uk
    Full Name:
    John hutchison
    Thank you and understood.
    The question is for valuation only

4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    The obvious valuation question is: F1 or gated?

mb5 likes this.
  5. Hutch526

Hutch526 Rookie

May 17, 2022
    Uk
    Full Name:
    John hutchison
    Sorry should of said its an F1

6. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    The barrier's to importing this would not be worth the time and effort. I would look to sell in Europe and the prices in Europe from what I have seen are about 10% less than the US market for the same vehicle. F1 US with this low miles, maybe $115k but I would need to see the interior and engine bay. It's not a sought after color, though the color is beautiful.

EastMemphis likes this.
  7. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    John: I would suggest you check hagerty.com. They have some good pricing data on the 360. Having said that, Hagerty or Ferrari Market Letter or SCM or any of the other good data sources are going to give you numbers based on historical information. The current market, like the current stock market, is pretty unstable I would guess. I agree with Kent’s suggestion above that looking to sell in Europe would be a better gamble.

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    US import would be prohibitive & pointless for another few year til car is 25 yr old

WillskiGT likes this.
  9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    F1: not worth the cost of importation. There's asking price and then there is selling price. Some have quoted $100k plus for the car... argento, I doubt it would eclipse 90k here TBH sales price. I'd sell in europe.

10. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    Real sales prices: https://bringatrailer.com/search/?view=all&s=ferrari%20360

11. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
  12. Hutch526

Hutch526 Rookie

May 17, 2022
    Uk
    Full Name:
    John hutchison
    Thanks for the input gents

It seems crazy to me you'd get so screwed on taxes and fee's that it makes it not worth it.
    Oh well...
    Guess I'm just going to add the mileage to this one, that was the original intention after all

vrsurgeon likes this.
  13. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Gh21631 likes this.
  14. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    A buyer would have to really want the car here in the US considering all the issues with shipping, import and taxes. But with that said if they intended to keep the car for a good while, it may be worth it to them if the color combination is what they are looking for. In the long run the car will appreciate here in the US but that could be a very long run.

Conclusion: I'd sell the car in your home country. IMHO the appeal to a US buyer is going to be luke warm at best.

15. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I own a Euro 360 Spider that was federalized upon importation. The federalization file is quite thick, and it a many $ thousands ordeal back in 2003. No telling what all that would cost now.

16. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    Fair point. For whatever reason, I was thinking it was a manual. I think I confused two different cars, both similar colors and in the UK and both sellers asking valuation questions when I engaged this thread.

17. Dino6304

Dino6304 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2020
    CT
    Full Name:
    Laurence
    A 2000 gated Modena with 40,000 miles just sold on BaT for $141,000 (with fee).
    IMO that is an encouraging result for 360 owners.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Roughly 80k in value but need more info. Year and all options. Any paint work, accidents. Recent services, clutch life, etc.

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I think you are right but there are some factors to consider per my post.

vrsurgeon likes this.