After market headers and CO emmisions test | FerrariChat

After market headers and CO emmisions test

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Storms, May 25, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Storms

Storms Rookie

Nov 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron Tempest
    Just got the dreaded news that my 430's headers are cracked. $16000 estimate from FOD! Has anyone put on aftermarket headers (360/430) and passed Colorado emissions? FOD is telling me it's not just the check engine light they look for, it's a code from the OBD that may not meet standards even though the check engine light is not on.

2. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    I do not know how it is in your state, but in CT all they do is hook up the OBDII reader to your car. You pass if the Check engine is not on, and I think at least 3 or 4 readiness monitors are showing as ready. There is also a visual cat inspection and gas cap leak test.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Storms

Storms Rookie

Nov 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron Tempest
    it is the readiness monitors the dealership is saying might not pass with aftermarket headers. Just interested to see is any Colorado cars are passing with aftermarket headers. I have a Porsche turbo with aftermarket header and low flow cats and it passes no problem.

4. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Ask Dave Helms at Scuderia Rampante.

5. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    My 1995 F355 with Tubi headers has passed every time since they were installed in 2007 by Dave Helms at Scuderia Rampante. My car is OBD 1, they just put the sensors in the tail pipe. Not sure OBD II would be different. They are very careful in my experience with Ferraris in the tests.

6. Storms

Storms Rookie

Nov 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron Tempest
    Will be checking with Dave soon.

7. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    I know 360s have precats in the headers on most US models, 355s do not. I am not sure about 430s. Swapping headers to non oem sometimes can trigger a CEL on 360s due to the deletion of the precat

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    register your car in another town other than Denver and Boulder, no emissions here in the Springs.