NHL 2021-22 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

NHL 2021-22

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheMayor, Sep 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Canes-Rangers will see some speedy skaters

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It only took Vegas 3 years to figure out they hired the wrong coach to replace Gallant.

I wonder if they regret firing Gallant to begin with. I didn't really follow Vegas so don't know what was going on, but I think he is a good coach (certainly better than DeBoer)

3. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    After a day off (speaking of which, after two amazing weeks of hockey I was having withdrawals yesterday), we are back on. Another two weeks of even more amazing hockey beginning tonight.

4. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Barry Trotz is available. As fine a coach as can be found. Yes, Mike: There is hockey, and then there is PLAYOFF hockey.

TheMayor and AceMaster like this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Despite Deboer's record with Vegas (which actually is really good overall), the fans never embraced him. They liked his breakout style offense but he never solved the PP, the PK, and had nothing but drama with the goal tenders since day one.

In the end, the last month of the season they just weren't performing for him. They had every chance to make the playoffs and blew it, despite a goal tender coming out of the minors and doing a great job.

Unlike with Gallant this time the firing went pretty deep into the asst coaches as well, firing some who were with the club since the beginning. I guess they want a clean sweep for the new guy.

AceMaster likes this.
  6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think like 5 teams are looking for new head coaches this year.

7. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree with this....

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And this :D

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What a game last night between EDM-CAL.....if anyone needs proof that it ain't over until it's over, look no further than that game. When it was 6-2, I honestly thought it was safe to go to bed....but, I waited just a few more minutes and damn am I glad I did....

10. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Mike, Canes beaten up and down the ice for 45 minutes and somehow were only down one. Ice tilted, they score with just over 2 minutes to go. Overtime winner an innocuous flip from 50 feet that a Rangers' D accidently tips past his own goalie with no Cane within 10 feet of the net. There must have been 15 great chances that didn't score in this game, a couple of posts hit, and then the OT game winner is a fluke. That's hockey.

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    100 my friend. Great analysis. That is playoff hockey. A bounce or a bounce there. Game of inches. And a lot of the time the OT winner is a fluke. Just like your Canes game. Looking forward to tonight’s game 2

Steelton Keith likes this.
  12. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Night after night. Nothings better than playoff hockey.

Steelton Keith likes this.
  13. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The year, I think is 1966. My family had moved from Florida to Illinois middle of ninth grade. Because I played football, they tried to get me to play hockey. Sharp skates, hard ice, everybody has a stick, puck moving 90 mph, dumb polish and farm guys, NFW.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Great defensive effort by Canes last night. My nephew in Sarasota is a season ticket holder for TB for many years. He's already planning on me coming down for a couple of Canes-Bolts games. I told him: "Don't count your chickens."

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike

16. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I'm hoping I can have the opportunity to go to TPA to see a Canes-Bolts game.

17. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That is a tough loss for the Avs last night....3-0 lead at home, and a wasted brilliant game by MacKinnon...the only way the Avs get by this is to have a very short memory, and take care of business in game 6....they do not want this to get to a game 7 where anything can happen.

18. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    The Avs and Florida Panthers were best teams I saw all year in their respective conferences. Florida swept and now Avs looking less than stellar. Canes stars disappearing.

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I strongly disagree with disallowing that goal. The Edmonton player was interfering with the Calgary player and he was trying to stop. I don’t see how they called that a kick

TheMayor likes this.
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Yah to me he was falling down and out of control. I don't even think he could have seen the puck let alone "direct" it in to the net.

But let's face it, Calgary got out played for most of the games. The revenge of KANE. Sharks fans must be shaking their heads for letting him go. Edmonton transformed as soon as he got in the line up. He just decimated LA in the playoffs.

21. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Going to game 7 tonight and hoping weird win at home, lose on the road streak continues.

TheMayor likes this.
  22. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Look for me section 119, on the red line about 12 rows up. I'll be the only guy in a mask. And I'll be the only guy NOT shouting "REF YOU SUCK" when a call goes the wrong way.

23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Oh man I feel for you. That was brutal.

24. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thanks Bob. Same old story in hockey playoffs: goal tending and special teams. You get down two markers - both on PP - first period in a game 7 it's an uphill battle. Crowd tried its best, but no dice. 2 key injuries in game, but that's hockey. My nephew is a STH at Tampa and I was planning to fly down Sunday for the afternoon game. I can forget about that. What's more, Janet had a 22-1 Canes SC win bet slip from Bellagio that she bought last October.

25. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Fly down anyhow and watch the Lightning beat the **** out of the Rangers. Indirect revenge! :D